Interested in the 10 best wrist shots in ice hockey? Though not as dramatically impressive or intimidating as the slap shot, the wrist shot results in a lot more goals; it's no coincidence the 10 best wrist shots in ice hockey today belong to many of the league's top goal scorers. The 10 best wrist shots in ice hockey get off the stick quickly, with shooters firing from in heavy traffic right in front, at the top of the circles or coming out from behind the net. So here they are, the 10 best wrist shots in ice hockey:
- Alex Ovechkin. Winner of the past two years' Rocket Richard trophy as the top goal scorer in the league, the Washington Capitals' Great 8 has many tools that help him score—great speed, insane moves, a fantastic one-timer from the top of the circle on the power play. He tops the 10 best wrist shots in ice hockey list for his use of it on the rush, coming down the off wing, often firing quickly and unexpectedly and using the defender backing up to screen the goaltender, placing the puck perfectly in the top corner before the net minder's even gotten a whiff. Not since Brett Hull has there been such a dangerous quick-release cannon.
- Marian Gaborik. The New York Rangers' scoring leader and former Wild star might contend for scoring trophies every year were it not for his injuries, since his quick release rival's Ovie's, giving him one of the best wrist shots in ice hockey.
- Sidney Crosby. Until the 2009 to 2010 season, the one weakness in Sid the Kid's game was his shot. Most of his goals came on little garbage plays around the net. But he made a conscious effort to work on his shot in the off season, and now he has one of the best wrist shots in ice hockey. Just ask Team USA goalie Ryan Miller.
- Dany Heatley. Working with a great play maker in Joe Thornton has unleashed the former Ottawa Senator's prime-time wrist shot.
- Patrick Marleau. Heatley's linemate has one of the best wrist shots in ice hockey as well.
- Steven Stamkos. By his second year, this Tampa Bay phenom was scoring goals from all over the ice, his wrist shot essential to his team's power play.
- Jarome Iginla. Though he's a streaky scorer, when he's on he has one of the best wrist shots in ice hockey.
- Jeff Carter. The Flyers haven't had a scoring threat like him since the days of Lindros and Leclair.
- Zach Parise. The Devils have never been known as an offensive team, but having one of the best wrist shots in ice hockey on the team is changing that reputation.
- Patrick Kane. The Blackhawk star has one of the best wrist shots in ice hockey not because of its power but because it always goes exactly where it's supposed to—right into the top corner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."