Though most people know Zach Galifianakis from "The Hangover," it's his web series that keeps fans laughing and produced the 10 best Zach Galifianakis "Between Two Ferns" moments. His tongue-in-cheek, talk show parody for funnyordie.com is full of inappropriate comments that leave guests squirming uncomfortably in their seats.
- Natalie Portman. Natalie Portman's interaction with the host's ill-informed line of questioning created one of the best Zach Galifianakis "Between Two Ferns" moments. While discussing her prior roles, he rattled off a series of questions, "Was it really upsetting in "Star Wars" that you didn't have more scenes with Chewbacca? Does he have a translator? It would be so funny if he drove a Miata." Portman just looked on in horror, unable to answer as Zach's non-sequiturs flew.
- Michael Cera. The "Superbad" star does uncomfortable so well, he was the perfect guest to achieve another of the best Zach Galifianakis "Between Two Ferns" moments. After mimicking everything Cera said like an overly annoying younger brother, Zach asked, "Are you ticklish?" He then began trying to tickle Cera and even more inappropriately tried to force his guest to tickle him back.
- Conan O'Brien. In an interview with Conan (pre-Leno war and subsequent NBC booting) Zach refused to laugh at Conan's jokes, instead pushing his red button emitting the sound of crickets where laughter should have been. When O'Brien asked Zach if he was mad, Galifianakis replied, "I feel like I had a shot at 'The Tonight Show.'" With that, he brought out his next guest Andy Dick and made Conan sit on the floor.
- Bradley Cooper. The Bradley Cooper interview was filled with the typical Zach put downs and non-sequiturs, including the point when, for no apparent reason, Carrot Top appeared standing behind Cooper texting away. When Cooper asked, "Is [expletive] Carrot Top behind me?" Zach merely replied, "Hi Carrot" and continued with the interview.
- Jon Hamm. Jokes about Jon Hamm's name created another one of the best Zach Galifianakis "Between Two Ferns" moments. Zach introduced Hamm asking, "Am I saying that right, Jon Hamm? Is your middle name Honey Baked?" He then wondered if Hamm considered a new stage name. Maybe "Jon Sausage or Stewart Turkey Link?" When a stunned Hamm had no response, Zach hit his red button producing a turkey gobble.
- Ben Stiller. In another case of funny name play, Ben Stiller makes the list of best Zach Galifianakis "Between Two Ferns" moments after being introduced as "Ben Stickler, Stifler, Stiller." Zach then went on to say, "It would be cool if you changed your last name to "There done that. Get it?"
- Charlize Theron. Unlike most guests, Charlize responded to Zach with laughter, not horror. He started the ill-informed interview by asking, "So you were in 'Monsters, Inc.'?" To which she giggled and corrected him that she was in "Monster." After he told her, "It would be cool if you hung [your Oscar] from your rear view mirror of your car with a high school tassel," a confused Zach did not understand why the actress thought he was so funny.
- Ben Stiller. A second Stiller moment makes the list of the best Zach Galifianakis "Between Two Ferns" moments. After insulting the actor through the entire interview, Zach wrapped it up with one poignant question, "Do you wish that you had ever followed your parents into comedy? Taken that route?" To which Stiller responded in true interview diva fashion by removing his mike and storming off the set.
- Jimmy Kimmel. Jimmy Kimmel's (or as Zach introduced him Timmy Kibbles') interview produced a few classic moments including the point when Zach kicked off his shoes and socks and said, "Bet you can't do that on your show?" But the highlight was the Zach meltdown after being interrupted by a sponsor message. "I'm Barry, from Barry's Bananas. Bananas so good other bananas eat them."
- Jon Hamm. A second bit with Jon Hamm rounds out the list of best Zach Galifianakis "Between Two Ferns" moments and encapsulates the tone of the entire series. By the end of the Hamm interview, Zach was sneezing all over Jon's lap. He followed up the attack with a deadpan, "I'm allergic to ferns."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.