10 Best Zombie Films
The 10 best zombie films all have one thing in common—walking dead people. What separates these films as the best are the additional characters and story line within the film. Flesh eating zombies takes the human fear of the supernatural to a new level and places many of these films on lists of personal favorites for horror lovers.
- "Dawn of the Dead." George Romero's masterpiece tops the list of best zombie films. The movie had to edited a second time after being initially released to remove scenes that made the audience sick to their stomachs. A true classic.
- "Night of the Living Dead." The granddaddy of zombie movies comes in number two on the list of best zombie films. The black and white film's ending still surprises people today with it's genre breaking story.
- "Day of the Dead." The last in George Romero's zombie trilogy, this movie makes the list of the best zombie films. The movie takes a look at what makes zombies tick in an attempt to understand them on a human level.
- "Zombieland." A crazy, zany look at zombies and how to kill them is the basis of this movie. This one makes the list of best zombie movies for it's humorous approach to a creepy topic.
- "White Zombie." Possibly the first zombie movie ever made, this masterpiece stars Bela Lougousi. The film makes the list of best zombie films for it's status of being the first recognized in this genre.
"The Evil Dead." This independent horror movie put a new twist on zombies with the waking of dead spirits. The cult status of this film places it on the list of best zombie films.
- "28 Days Later." An apocalyptic tail of people turned into zombies by a viral disaster, the visual effects and level of blood place this flick on the list of best zombie movies.
- "I Am Legend." This modern thriller starring Will Smith is a late submission on the list of best zombie films. The zombies in this flick are infected with a horrible virus that makes them crave blood.
- "I Walked With a Zombie." This 1940's classic makes the list of best zombie films. The ending scenes are legendary with the zombie being lured into a voodoo circle to end it's reign of terror.
- "Fido." The last on the list of best zombie films is the story of a lovable zombie called Fido. This domesticated dead guy is potty trained and helps with odd jobs around the house.