Here are 10 of the biggest mansions in the world. All over the world there are huge mansions that most people can barely imagine. Houses that boast tennis courts, bowling alleys, home theaters, one even has it’s own power plant!
- Size: 60 stories/570 feet tall: Antilla in Mumbai, India It’s the largest home in the world. It has a helipad and a health club, a garage that holds more than a hundred cars, panic rooms, a movie theater, 600 servants, and it’s made mostly of glass. Hopefully no one who lives there has a problem with heights.
- Square Feet: 110,000 Fairfield in Sagaponack, N.Y. There are 29 bedrooms, 39 bathrooms, a squash court, a bowling alley, two tennis courts, a 200-car garage, a 90-foot long dining room, a movie theater…and the crowning achievement? It’s own power plant.
- Square Feet: 80,000: Maison de L’Amitie in Palm Beach, FL. The former home of mogul Donald Trump, 475 square feet of the property is oceanfront. It has 18 bedrooms, a ballroom, a media room, a carriage house, an art gallery, two guesthouses, and a 4,100 square-foot conservatory. It sold for $100 million.
- Square Feet: 66,000: The Ecology House in Medina, WA. The home of Bill Gates has 35 bathrooms, 8 bedrooms, four floors, a subterranean garage, an indoor trampoline room, a racquetball/volleyball court, a 17'x60' swimming pool, a shooting range, a library, a bowling alley, a visitor reception hall, a basketball court, and a movie theater. This house is so advanced that is has a built-in computer system that automatically adjusts the temperature, lighting, and music in each room entered, based on the person’s preference through a pin they wear. Let’s just hope the house doesn’t come alive and try to take over the world.
- Square Feet: 56,000: Hala Ranch in Aspen, CO. It has 15 bedrooms, 27 bathrooms, a tennis court, heated stables, an indoor pool, a car wash, a gas station, a sewage treatment plant, and the master bedroom has it’s own salon. It’s valued at $135 million and the guesthouse on the property alone sold for $36.5 million.
- Square Feet: 56,000: The Manor in Los Angeles, CA. It has 123 rooms, an indoor skating rink, multiple swimming pools, a bowling alley, a tennis court, a doll museum, and three kitchens. One floor of the Manor is used just for closet space and there is a room dedicated just to wrapping presents.
- Square Feet: 41,000: Fleur de Lys in Holmby Hills, CA. It’s modeled after the French Chateaux Vaux-le-Vicomte. It has 24 carat gold trim, a movie theater, and museum pieces like Marie Antoinette’s personal curtain pattern and Napoleon’s favorite chair. The outer walls are made from handpicked imported French limestone. It’s going for $125 million.
- Square Feet: 34,000: Bel-Air, CA. It has 9 bedrooms, 20 bathrooms, four floors, a 9-foot tall French chandelier, a bowling alley, a game room, a screening room, racquetball court, a fitness room with a sauna, the formal living room has a 20-foot domed ceiling with eight different lighting choices. It also has a rose garden and a fruit tree grove.
- Square Feet: 28,000: Toprak Mansion in London, England. The main building alone is 28,000 square feet the entire lot is considerably larger. It has a dining room that seats 40, four kitchens, a grand salon that’s 80-feet long, a glass elevator, and a Turkish bath. It’s going for $61.1 million.
- Square Feet: 25,000: Three Ponds in Bridgehampton, N.Y. The house alone is 25,000 square feet. The lot boasts 60 acres of waterfront farmland, it’s own private golf course with a pro shop, a 75-foot long swimming pool, a tennis court, an orangery, and fourteen gardens that includes a crabapple allee, lily walk, vegetable garden, rose, hydrangea, and butterfly gardens, and three ponds stocked with fish.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …