10 Biggest UFC Fight Cards
The biggest UFC fight cards presents the biggest matches, the most famous stars and the toughest fighters the promotion has ever seen. With jaw dropping main events and solid undercards, UFC presents some of the best MMA action the sport has ever seen.
- “UFC 43: Meltdown” Randy Couture defeated Chuck Liddell to become the first person to ever hold a championship in two different weight classes, making this one of the biggest UFC fight cards ever. Tank Abbott appeared on the card but was choked out by Kimo Leopoldo and Frank Mir won a match by disqualification over Wes Sims.
- “UFC 79: Nemesis” One of the biggest UFC fight cards ever featured two world class fights as Georges St. Pierre beat Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddell beat Wonderlei Silva in the co-main events. In another big match, Eddie Sanchez delivered a crushing knockout blow to Soa Palelei.
- “UFC 66: Liddell vs. Ortiz” Two of the biggest stars in the history of the UFC battled in “UFC 66,” one of the biggest UFC fight cards. Liddell won the match with a TKO in the third round. Also on the card was Forrest Griffin, who lost to Keith Jardine by TKO as well as the return of Michael Bisping.
- “UFC 73: Stacked” Anderson Silva defended his Middleweight Championship against Nathan Marquardt with a first round knockout in one of the biggest UFC fight cards. On the undercard, Tito Ortiz and Rashad Evans fought to a unanimous draw although Ortiz could have won if he were not docked a point in the second round.
- “UFC 64: Unstoppable” In one of the biggest UFC fight cards, Anderson Silva got his shot at the Middleweight Championship and beat Rich Frank in one round to begin his title reign. Sean Sherk beat “Ultimate Fighter” alumni Kenny Florian and Jon Fitch won a fantastic bout against Kuniyoshi Hironaka.
- “UFC 87: Seek and Destroy” Georges St. Pierre fought Jon Fitch in an amazing main event that went five rounds before GSP won by unanimous decision. In one of the biggest UFC fight cards, Brock Lesner also made his return from his only defeat at the time to destroy Heath Herring.
- “UFC 58: U.S.A. vs. Canada” In one of the biggest UFC fight cards, the promotion featured eight matches pitting the best of Canada against the best of the U.S.A. The two biggest names on the card were Canadian Georges St. Pierre and American Rich Franklin, who both won. The United States won 5 to 3.
- “UFC 52: Couture vs. Liddell II” This remains one of the biggest UFC fight cards, with two great championships. Chuck Liddell defeated Randy Couture for the Light Heavyweight title while Matt Hughes choked out Frank Trigg for the Welterweight title. The undercard also featured a win by Georges St. Pierre.
- “UFC 22: There Can Be Only One” Frank Shamrock and Tito Ortiz fought in one of the greatest MMA fights in pre-Zuffa UFC, with Shamrock winning and retiring from the UFC following the card, making it one of the biggest UFC fight cards. The undercard included wins by Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddell.
- “UFC 1: The Beginning” One of the biggest UFC fight cards in the company’s history is the card that started it all. It was clear from the start that this was the Gracie’s baby as Royce Gracie appeared in, and won three matches including one over future champion Ken Shamrock.