These 10 blond male actors cover many different ages and movie genres, but they are all united by their hair color. Their golden locks set them apart in the movie world. They may have dyed their hair darker for a particular role, but for the most part, these 10 actors stay true to their blond roots.
- Brad Pitt This quintessential blond actor has made women drool since the early 1990s. For the most part, he’s stayed true to his blond roots, only venturing forth with darker hair for a few select roles like "Interview with the Vampire" and "The Assassination of Jesse James." His sizzling blond roles include "Legends of the Fall," "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," and "Meet Joe Black."
- Alexander Skarsgard This blond actor plays the vampire hunk Eric Northman in HBO’s TV series "True Blood." His blond hair provides evidence of his Nordic roots; Skarsgard is Swedish and often speaks the language during the show since it’s been incorporated into his back story.
- Neil Patrick Harris This blond male actor has charmed viewers since he was a young, precocious boy in the popular TV show, "Doogie Howser, M.D." Now, when he’s not hosting award shows, he is busy playing the immature, but lovable Barney Stinson in "How I Met Your Mother."
- Owen Wilson This funny man is another one of Hollywood’s famous blond male actors. He’s shown his blond locks in a number of comedies, including "Wedding Crashers," "Darjeeling Limited," and "Zoolander." In fact, he’s really never showcased any other hair color in his popular movies.
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman This blond actor has been behind a number of widely celebrated films. His most famous film was one in which he played another famous blond: writer Truman Capote in "Capote." Other notable films that Hoffman starred in were "Red Dragon," "Before the Devil Knows Your Dead," and "Mission Impossible 3."
- Heath Ledger Before his untimely death, Heath Ledger was quite the famous up and coming blond actor. Technically a dirty blond, he appeared in movies like "The Patriot" and "Brokeback Mountain" with lighter hair. By the time of "The Dark Knight," though, his hair had darkened with his darker roles.
- Matthew McConaughey This carefree, young boy at heart is well known for his longer, curly blond locks. He showed them off back in "Dazed and Confused" and more recently "Tropic Thunder" and "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." His hair matches well with his beach-going attitude.
- Daniel Craig This actor holds the honor of being the first blond James Bond. He lit up the screen as the classic British spy in "Casino Royale" and has continued on in a number of other films like "The Golden Compass" and "Defiance."
- Channing Tatum This blond is a relative newcomer to Hollywood, but has quickly become a well-known, lighter-haired leading man. He became a star with "G.I. Joe" and then became an object of women’s lust in "Dear John."
- Hayden Christensen He first became newsworthy as the teenage Anakin Skywalker in the latest "Star Wars" series. He broke away from the spotlight for awhile, but has recently returned as a famous blond actor in "Jumper" and "Takers."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …