10 Body Massage Therapy Tips
These 10 body massage therapy tips will help you give greater body massages. If you don't want to pay an absurd amount for body massages, this is a great solution. Giving great massages yourself can start with these wonderful tips.
- Warm lotion: Warm lotion prior to applying it to the skin. Cold lotion can ruin a massage and increase the person's stress. Always place massage lotion or oil in your hand and rub it to make it warm before using it.
- Music: Playing relaxing music can really help improve the body massage therapy experience. Enya is a great option, as the majority of her songs are soothing and beautiful. Easing the mood with relaxing music is a great way to de-stress the individual during a massage.
- Investigate: Ask the individual where they feel more muscle pain or strain. You want to be sure that you massage the right places, otherwise you may neglect to give a beneficial massage. Asking may be the first step to giving a drastically beneficial massage.
- School: This might just be the best massage therapy tip. Studying massage therapy to get your certification may help you learn exactly how to give perfect massages. Rather than hastily looking up strategies online, you may want a more thorough body massage therapy education.
- Tissues: During such relaxing states, massages tend to cause clients to dose off or loose control of their saliva. Therefore, it may be helpful for you to have tissues to casually offer your client. Following this body massage therapy tip may help them remain relaxed without getting interrupted from embarrassment.
- Feedback: For light massage therapy, it may be okay to let the individual relax and/or sleep. However, for deep tissue or sports massage, it would be prudent to get feedback. Finding out if the individual feels excessive pain or discomfort is crucial to the massage process.
- Clothing: Introduce the individual to the possibility of clothed massage. This will help if the individual feels discomfort with their body. It will also give them the option to choose what type of massage is best for them. This is one body massage therapy tip you don't want to ignore
- Hygiene: You should be sure that you are well-groomed and have good breath. This can help avoiding any foul odors that discomfort the individual. Your hygiene and body odor is just as important as massage technique.
- Aromatherapy: Offering the individual the option of aromatherapy may help maximize the relaxation experience. Aromatherapy can help put people in deep relaxed stress-free states. If you charge for your massages, you may even consider boosting the price a bit if they opt for aromatherapy.
- Equipment: Investing in a good, comfortable massage table can help drastically improve your massage therapy skills. You should also consider investing in great massage oils to maximize the relaxation of the individual. This is one tip you may find very beneficial for improving your body massage skills.
Posted on: Nov. 10, 2010