Let’s face it; there are more than 10 Brazilian supermodels worth knowing about! It sometimes seems like Brazil is manufacturing some of the most beautiful women on the planet. The following are the top Brazilian supermodels.
- Gisele Bundchen has to be placed first, if for no other reason than she is the highest paid supermodel in the world. Gisele earns an estimated $33 million each year and has an estimated worth over $200 million. She has dated Leonardo DiCaprio, but chose the New England Patriots’ Quarterback, Tom Brady, to settle down with. And if her income and looks weren’t enough to pique interest, Gisele has a twin sister, and four other sisters!
- Adriana Lima is another very popular Victoria’s Secret model from Brazil. Adriana was discovered by a modeling scout when she was thirteen years old and in 1996 she placed second in the Ford Supermodel of the World contest. She has been seen modeling for Ralph Lauren, Valentino, and Vera Wang, as well as her Victoria’s Secret work.
- Alessandra Ambrosio, a very popular Victoria’s Secret Angel, has also been seen modeling for Armani and has her own swimsuit line. She can also briefly be spotted in one of the newer "James Bond" films, and in the infomercial for Beachbody’s Brazil Butt Lift home fitness program. In addition to being a beautiful, Brazilian supermodel, Alessandra is an Ambassador for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Isabeli Fontana had a controversial start with Victoria’s Secret when she modeled at the age of sixteen. Victoria’s Secret had a company policy not to hire models under the age of 21, but bent the rules when it came to Isabeli Fontana. Since her appearance in the Victoria’s Secret catalog at sixteen, Isabeli has modeled for Ralph Lauren, Valentino, Versace and bebe.
- Aline Nakashima, a beautiful combination of Brazilian and Japanese, modeled for Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Ralph Lauren, and others. In 2006 and 2007 she appeared in the "Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Edition", increasing her popularity.
- Ana Beatriz Barros was discovered in Rio de Janeiro while working at a beach. She competed and won the Elite Model Look contest in 1996, which was followed with appearances in the Millennium Guess campaign with her friend and fellow Brazilian supermodel, Alessandra Ambrosio. She has modeled for L’Oreal, Chanel, Dior, Victoria’s Secret, and others, and was handpicked by JLo to become the face of a new line of lingerie.
- Fernanda Motta was discovered on a beach in Rio de Janeiro as well! She was offered a contract with a modeling agency which led to TV and magazine appearances, including Wonderbra Brazil, Pantene, and Victoria’s Secret. In 2004 Fernanda was asked to pose for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, boosting her appeal worldwide.
- Raica Oliveira beat 30,000 contestants in the Elite Model agency’s Brazil’s New Face Contest. She began modeling for Christian Dior, and it was said that when she went in for her first photo shoot, the photographer sent all the other girls home!
- Fernanda Tavares has been a Brazilian runway model for about twelve years, since 1998. She began working for Versace, Valentino, John Galliano, Luis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, and other very big names. In 2000 she became a Victoria’s Secret Angel for fashion shows. Fernanda Tavares was said to have been paid $1,000,000 to pose nude in an ad campaign for Guerlain fragrance.
- Jeisa Chiminazzo has been modeling since she was in her early teens. Eventually moving to New York City, Jeisa acquired a contract with IMG Models and has graced the cover of six different editions of Vogue. She is fluent in four languages: English, Portuguese, German, and Italian.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.