Here are 10 break up make up movies. Breaking up can be a horrible thing, but the making up makes it all worth while in the end. Here is a list of movies that all involve a break up but end up with reconciliation.
- "The Break Up" (2006). Starring Jennifer Anniston and Vince Vaughn, this film is about a couple who decide to split but refuse to give up their apartment. In the end they realize that the should have never broken up in the first place.
- "Say Anything" (1989). This romantic film is about an unlikely union between the valedictorian and a guy seemingly going nowhere. When pressured by her father, she breaks up with her boyfriend and leaves him devastated. In the end, she realizes she loves him, and they get back together.
- "Bed of Roses" (1996). Starring Christian Slater and Mary Stuart Masterson, "Bed of Roses" is about a girl who was an orphan and was abused. Closed off from true feelings, she hides in her work. She gets a delivery of flowers and end up falling in love with the man who sent them. Frightened by these emotions, she shuts down and calls the whole thing off when he proposes. But fear not, love prevails in the end.
- "Pretty in Pink" (1986). A poor girl from the other side of the tracks falls in love with a rich socialite. At first, all is well, but pressured by their finds, in a cruel move he breaks up with Ringwald and pretends as if he invited someone else to the prom. They come face to face in the parking lot at the prom, and guess what happens next?
- "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" (2005). Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie star in this film about assassins who are married, but don't know each are assassins until they are assigned to kill one another. Having lived a lie for so many years they have lost the spark they once had. But once the truth is revealed, their chemistry ignites again.
- "50 First Dates" (2004). In this romantic comedy, Adam Sandler falls in love with a girl who has lost her short term memory and wakes up each day reliving that same day she had the accident. Sandler tries to get her to fall in love with him each and every day. She ends up breaking up with him by erasing her memory of him, but in the end love is more powerful than even memory.
- "Knocked Up" (2007). In one of the funnier break up make up movies, Seth Rogan gets a girl pregnant after one date. The two decide to give their relationship a try, but she ends up breaking up with him. When the baby is born, though, they end up making up.
- "Shallow Hal" (2001). Jack Black stars in this comedy about a man who only loves based on appearance. When he gets stuck in an elevator with a psychic, he puts a spell on him that only allows him to see inner beauty. He ends up falling in love with an obese woman played by Gwyneth Paltrow. When the spell is broken, he breaks up with her, but they end up making up when he finally sees past her appearance.
- "He's Just not That Into You" (2009). This movie is about multiple couples and their break ups and make ups. Amongst the relationships are a married couple whose marriage has already crumbled; a young woman who constantly chooses the wrong guy, and a couple who has been together for years, but the man doesn't want to get married. In the end, some of the couples break up, but some make up as well.
- "The Twilight Series: New Moon" (2009). Bella and Edward are torn apart in the second installment of the "Twilight" series. Edward wants to protect Bella from his lifestyle and breaks up with her. Driven into the arms of another, Bella begins to move on, until she realizes she must save Edward. And that is the last break up to make up movie.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.