10 Best Breakfast Ideas for Weight Loss provides examples of breakfast foods that can help you benefit from what medical studies have proven, that eating breakfast promotes weight loss.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is high in fiber, and it's been shown that high-fiber diets promote weight loss. It will fill you up and keep you full for hours without added calories.
- Whole Grain Cereal. Whole grain cereal is also high in fiber and low in fat, and studies show that it lowers your risk of heart disease.
- Fruit Smoothies. It's easy to make fruit smoothies at home; just throw some low-fat yogurt and fruit into your blender. Smoothies provide essential vitamins and minerals, making it one of your best breakfast ideas for weight loss.
- Whole Grain Granola. Whole grain granola can be a tasty weight loss option, but read the label carefully. Some granola is high in fat and sugar.
- Peanut Butter and Banana on Toast. Peanut butter makes the list of best breakfast ideas for weight loss because it's high in protein, calcium and iron. Peanut butter isn't a low-fat food, but its fats are heart-healthy.
Low-Fat Yogurt with Frozen Fruit. Yogurt is a great source of calcium and protein, and frozen fruit is a better option than fresh because it's harvested and frozen at peak freshness.
- Eggs. Eggs are packed with easily digestible, simple proteins and are low in fat. Just skip the sausage and bacon! Poach or boil your eggs rather than frying them.
- Low-Fat Cottage Cheese and Crackers. Like milk, low-fat cottage cheese is high in calcium and vitamin D. Low-fat cottage cheese and whole grain crackers are the best option for weight loss.
- Hot Cereal with Honey or Jam. Low-fat hot cereal warms you up and honey or jam adds spice.
- Scrambled Tofu. If you don't like eggs, fry up some tofu mixed with veggies, soy sauce and black pepper.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.