10 Best Breakfast Ideas for Weight Loss provides examples of breakfast foods that can help you benefit from what medical studies have proven, that eating breakfast promotes weight loss.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is high in fiber, and it's been shown that high-fiber diets promote weight loss. It will fill you up and keep you full for hours without added calories.
- Whole Grain Cereal. Whole grain cereal is also high in fiber and low in fat, and studies show that it lowers your risk of heart disease.
- Fruit Smoothies. It's easy to make fruit smoothies at home; just throw some low-fat yogurt and fruit into your blender. Smoothies provide essential vitamins and minerals, making it one of your best breakfast ideas for weight loss.
- Whole Grain Granola. Whole grain granola can be a tasty weight loss option, but read the label carefully. Some granola is high in fat and sugar.
- Peanut Butter and Banana on Toast. Peanut butter makes the list of best breakfast ideas for weight loss because it's high in protein, calcium and iron. Peanut butter isn't a low-fat food, but its fats are heart-healthy.
Low-Fat Yogurt with Frozen Fruit. Yogurt is a great source of calcium and protein, and frozen fruit is a better option than fresh because it's harvested and frozen at peak freshness.
- Eggs. Eggs are packed with easily digestible, simple proteins and are low in fat. Just skip the sausage and bacon! Poach or boil your eggs rather than frying them.
- Low-Fat Cottage Cheese and Crackers. Like milk, low-fat cottage cheese is high in calcium and vitamin D. Low-fat cottage cheese and whole grain crackers are the best option for weight loss.
- Hot Cereal with Honey or Jam. Low-fat hot cereal warms you up and honey or jam adds spice.
- Scrambled Tofu. If you don't like eggs, fry up some tofu mixed with veggies, soy sauce and black pepper.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.