Move your relationship towards financial security by making use of these 10 budgeting tips for couples. Many couples fight about money, but you will reach your financial goals by planning an effective budget. Don’t let money ruin your relationship. Start budgeting today.
- Dine out for less. When eating out as a couple, opt for appetizers and a salad, or split an entrée instead of ordering two complete dinners. Pass on the beverages and drink water with a lemon wedge.
- Meatless meal day. Meat increases the food budget by up to 50% or more. Opt for a meatless meal once a week and save a bundle.
- Get a small home or apartment. Do not spend a fortune on a large home when a small place will accommodate you. Two bedrooms will do wonders for your budget. Even if a child comes along you’ll have enough space.
- Forget movie night out. Save on your entertainment budget by having movie night in. Borrow DVDs from the library, invite a few friends over, pop some popcorn and have a good time.
- Shop consignment stores. Find great deals on new and used quality clothing and household goods at consignment shops. This will do wonders for your clothing budget.
- Limit dry clean only clothing. Sometimes it costs more to dry clean clothing than the clothing is worth. Purchase clothing that is easy to maintain. If your job requires suits that must be dry cleaned, find a discount cleaner.
- Pass on the new car. Maintain and repair your old cars as needed or purchase pre-owned. With depreciation, new cars are not worth the cost of straining your budget.
- Shop with coupons. Clipping coupons is a great way to support your grocery budget. Use coupons during sales and you end up paying only pennies for some items. Many couples save 50% off their grocery expenses using coupons.
- Take lunch to work. Taking your lunch to work is up to 75% cheaper than lunch in a restaurant. Salad and sandwiches are nutritious, simple to prepare and easy on the budget.
- Buy a coffee maker. Do not be a victim of the morning latte factor. Purchase a coffee maker and two travel mugs and enjoy coffee on the go.
Save a lot of money using simple budgeting tips. Enjoy life without creating unnecessary dept. Your relationship will improve and your stress levels will decrease when you don’t have to worry about finances.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …