Having these 10 car dent removal tips are great for anyone that owns a car. A dent can happen anytime anyplace, and instead of rushing down to the repair shop, look over these removal tips and asses if the dent is something that can be fixed with a little elbow grease and some know-how.
For this process, you will need:
- clean rags
- block of wood
- rubber mallet
- The first and most important tip is to wash the area and asses the damage. Removing any dirt and grime will make sure there is nothing to get in the way of the car and the dent removal tool. Assessing the area is a good idea since not all dents can be removed easily.
- If the dent shows any sign of metal being rippled, or crumbled upon itself it is a dent that needs to be replaced through the entire panel being replaced instead of the dent actually being pulled out. If there is no sign of this, then the dent can most likely be pulled out easily.
- In order to remove a car dent, a tool needs to be used and an easy one that most have around their home is a common plunger. Make sure the plunger is firm and has good suction.
- When using the plunger, there is a right and wrong way to place it over the dent. When applying it, press evenly at a slow rate to slowly release all the air from between the body of the car and the plunger.
- Once the air has been decompressed, take a firm grip on the end of the plunger and pull back slowly till a pop is heard and the dent has been pulled out.
- If the dent happens to be on a large, flat surface of the car, it is best to use another method. Grab a rubber mallet, a towel and something firm like a block of wood. Make sure each of these items can be held comfortably so a good grip can be had.
- Wrap the block of wood in the towel and place it on the side of the dent that is dented in. Make sure that the towel being used is clean or at least soft so that it will not cause any scratches on the part of the car it is rubbing against.
- Make sure that you have a good grip on the block of wood. It would be dangerous or disastrous if the block of wood slipped while it was being tapped with the rubber mallet.
- Once the block of wood is centered over the dent, tap it carefully with the rubber mallet. Make sure to use even, slow swings with the mallet.
- In order to have an even dent removal with this method, it is best to hit the center of the block of wood. If the outer edges of the block of wood are hit, the majority of the weight will cause the block of wood to pull out the dent unevenly and cause further damage.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.