The human heart is the most valuable organ in the body, cardiac diet ideas are great for heart health and for overall well being— and it takes a beating when it is not taken care of properly—by following a list of 10 cardiac diet ideas, the heart will function the way it should. Plus, it will decrease the risk of developing various cardiovascular diseases.
Below is a list of 10 cardiac diet ideas that can be incorporated into a busy lifestyle.
- Omega-3 fatty Acids– Foods with this valuable fatty acid help aid heart health and have been known to slow the growth rate of harmful plaque that can build up in the arteries. Fish and nuts are great sources of this essential nutrient.
- Cardiovascular Exercise– Doing some form of exercise three to four times a week, running, walking or weight lifting has been shown to be an excellent way to keep the heart in shape. It can reduce the likelihood of having a stroke and/or heart attack when done long-term.
- Eat Less Saturated Fats– Cut back or eliminate foods with unhealthy amounts of saturated fats. Saturated fats can build up in the arteries and cause cardiac problems or heart attacks, strokes and high blood pressure.
- Prepare Food with Olive Oil– Olive oil has good fats called monounsaturated fats which is good for cardiac health. It helps to lower the cholesterol levels as well.
- Drink Green Tea– This can be made into a cold version iced tea and is one of the best cardiac diet ideas. It is an excellent source for cardiovascular health. It has been shown in numerous studies to reduce the likeliness of cardiac problems and cardiovascular diseases.
- Eat More Foods with Health Fats– Polyunsaturated fats are healthy fats that lower bad levels of cholesterol and lower risk of cardiac problems and heart disease.
- Eat More Whole Grains – Eating more whole grains is also good for cardiovascular health. Plus it makes the body feel fuller faster and keeps hunger at bay.
- Lower Sodium Intake– Go easy on the salt. High Sodium can make blood pressure levels sour. Eating foods that have fewer preservatives is ideal. These include soups, and canned goods with high amounts of sodium.
- Stop Smoking– Lung cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure and death are some of the health problems associated with smoking.
- Limit Consumption of Red Meat– Yes, although it is indeed delicious it has tons of saturated fat and can clog arteries. Limit consumption of red meat to 1-2 times a week, 6 ounces for each serving.
By following these 10 cardiac diet ideas overall health will be maximized and the heart will be healthy.
Source: American Heart Associate web site
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.