10 Casino Gambling Tips
Before you head to Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or your local casino, use these 10 casino gambling tips to increase your winnings. Casino gambling is one of the most popular entertainment activities in the world. Cities such as Las Vegas attract millions of visitors each year. In order to have the most fun possible at the casino, follow these tips:
- Choose your table based on your budget. Gambling is not fun if you loose all of your money in the first hour. If you are on a budget, stick to tables with low minimums and remember that the posted minimum is the lowest amount you can bet for each deal.
- Make sure you have a players card. By joining each casino's players club, you earn free points and sometimes comps (free meals, rooms or other casino gifts) just for playing. Look for the casino players club and fill out the registration. This five minutes will not only help you get free stuff, but the casino will also begin mailing you coupons and special discounts.
- Be friendly. Most people are in the casino to have fun. Don't be afraid to strike up a conversation with your fellow players. They may have tips for you, or you may just make a new friend from the other side of the world.
- Ask for help. Believe it or not, the dealer is there to help you. If you don't know how to play a game, just ask. If you get confused along the way, ask the dealer to help you.
- Drinks are free, kind of. While you are at a table game or slot machine, the casino will provide free drinks. You can drink anything from alcohol to soda or coffee. Remember, however, that the waitresses are there for tips. Make sure you give them a tip each time they bring you a drink and they will continue to give you great services. $1 per drink is sufficient.
- Observe new games before playing. Do not take up a seat if you do not plan on betting yet, but feel free to stand behind players and watch the game so you can pick up the basics. This practice is perfectly fine for all games except poker where it can be seen as cheating, and slots where it is lurking.
- Keep your money close. People who are desperate often find themselves in casinos where cash flows freely. Keep your cash in your wallet, preferably in your front pocket. If you are staying in a casino hotel, ask the front desk for a key to the safe in your room so that you can keep extra cash, credit cards and valuables safe from would-be thieves.
- Avoid games with really low odds. Almost all players clubs offer a leaflet showing which games in the casino have the worst odds. Live keno, slot machines and big six wheels are among the worst bets in the casino. Stay away from them. After all, it is hard to have fun when you are loosing.
- Tip your dealer. You and the dealer work as a team. If you tip the dealer on big or consecutive wins, they are more likely to offer tips or deal deeper in the deck for you. Feel free, however, to skip the tip for a rude dealer or one who is unfriendly or unprofessional. Dealers also don't expect tips from gamblers who are loosing.
- Quit while you're ahead. It sounds cliche, but this is one hard-fast rule for casino goers. It is also the only way you will win. The odds are that the casino will take your money. After all, cities like Las Vegas weren't built on winners. So, when you're up—get up! Find another table or casino and try your luck there.
Casino gambling is fun because even if your not winning, there is always a chance that you will win big on the next hand or spin. Follow these 10 casino gambling tips and have a great time on your next casino trip!