While there are many celebrities that contribute to various charitable organizations and foundations, there are 10celebrities that do charity work on a whole different level—celebrities that give their time and money in hopes of creating a better, safer, healthier world for all.
- Angelina Jolie. Angelina Jolie has made a name for herself on the big screen, but some of her best work occurs off-screen, where she lends support to charities, foundations and causes around the world. Jolie is the Goodwill Ambassador for UNHCR. She also offers her help to UNICEF, the ONE Campaign, Doctors Without Borders, Kids in Need of Defense and the Afghanistan Relief Organization. In addition, Jolie co-founded the Jolie-Pitt foundation with longtime boyfriend, Brad Pitt.
- Brad Pitt. Brad Pitt, much like his famous other half, Angelina Jolie, is involved in many different charities. His charity work includes Global Action for Children, Global Green, Human Rights Watch, Live 8, the ONE Campaign and the aforementioned Jolie-Pitt Foundation
- Bono. Not only is Bono the lead singer of the world-famous Irish band U2, he’s also very involved with charity work, most of which centers around fighting poverty and hunger. Bono’s charitable supports include the ONE Campaign, Amnesty International, (RED) and UNICEF
- Oprah Winfrey. Talkshow host Oprah Winfrey founded Oprah’s Angel Network to promote helping others, but her most notable work to date has to be the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa, which aims to help low-income girls receive an education.
- George Clooney. Clooney, who’s known as one of the world’s most eligible bachelors, is more than that. Clooney is known for his charity work, which includes the founding of Not On Our Watch, which he co-founded with fellow celebrities Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle, Matt Damon and Jerry Weintraub, to aid in the battle against genocide in Darfur, Sudan.
- Matt Damon. Damon is another one of the celebrities who do charity work. Not only was he was one of the minds behind the founding of Not On Our Watch, but over the years, Damon’s also been involved with other charities, as well, including Celebs for Kids, DATA, the ONE Campaign, the Boys’ and Girls’ Club of America and the Yéle Haiti Foundation. Damon also founded the Running the Sahara expedition charity called H20 Africa.
- Ben Affleck. In addition to co-founding Not On Our Watch, Affleck also co-founded the “Small Change Campaign” with television talkshow host and "American Idol" judge Ellen DeGeneres. In addition, Affleck has also contributed his time to Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Jimmy Fund and UNHCR’s Gimme Shelter Campaign. Affleck also offered his help to the political arena, encouraging his fellow Americans to vote.
- Ellen DeGeneres. DeGeneres is not only a talkshow host and judge on "American Idol," but she’s also actively involved in many charities, events and foundations, including the Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund, the “Small Change Campaign,” the charitable event Idol Gives Back, and the ONE Campaign. In addition, DeGeneres also supports charities and causes that support animals, including The Humane Society, the American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign and the Society for Animal Protective Services.
- Scarlett Johansson. Scarlett Johansson is one of Hollywood’s most famous and talented young actresses, but there’s more to this beauty than just good looks. She also contributes her time to many different charities and causes. Her name is attached to such charities, as (RED), Oxfam, USA Harvest, Make Poverty History, Not On Our Watch and World AIDS Day.
- Justin Timberlake. Justin Timberlake began performing at a very young age. His love for music led him to lend his time to several different music-related charities and foundations, including MusiCares, the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund and Music For Relief. In addition, Timberlake also founded The Justin Timberlake Foundation to promote musical education. Timberlake also supports Oxfam, Childwatch and Habitat for Humanity.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.