The following ten celebrities who died from cancer have one thing in common: they are remembered. Some died in the spotlight, before their time, while others died in the shadows when fame was fading.
- Tough guy, Humphrey Bogart, star of lots of films in the 40's and 50's, died from cancer of the esophagus. He was only 57 and married to the love of his life, actress Lauren Bacall. She's still alive.
- Didn't we all love Lucy? Lucille Ball died after a short stay in the hospital; the cause given was an aortic aneurysm She had lung cancer too, which probably contributed to her heart problems. First husband, Desi Arnaz, did of lung cancer, as did her second husband, Gary Morton.
- Sammy Davis, Jr, of Rat Pack fame, died of throat cancer at the age of 64. Known for his wonderful singing, dancing, trumpet playing, and impressions, this one man show often performed with a cigarette in his hand.
- Television star Michael Landon who was seen in television's "Bonanza" and "Little House on the Prairie<" died of cancer of the liver and pancreas. He was only 54. Landon was said to be a four pack a day man.
- R.J. Reynolds, businessman and founder of the Reynolds Tobacco company, died of cancer. His son R.J. Reynolds, Jr, and his grandson, R.J. Reynolds, III, both died of emphysema. They were 58 and 60 respectively.
- Ed Bradley, popular reporter on "60 Minutes" died at age 65. This award winning journalist was the first African American to cover the White House. He died due to lymphocytic leukemia.
- Going back a ways, the most famous psychiatrist of all time, Sigmund Freud, died or oral cancer. Freud, who was often photographed with a cigar, died of oral cancer. Despite dozens of operations, cancer killed him.
- Beatle George Harrison was another celebrity who died from cancer .Despite radiation therapy for his throat cancer, the Big "C" got him at the age of 58. Known as the quiet Beatle, he left us quietly.
- Have you ever seen "The Talented Mr. Ripley," or another Jude Law film, "Cold Mountain?" Award winning director Anthony Minghella brought both of these books to the silver screen. His agent said he died of complications due to surgery. What he didn't say was that Minghella had tonsil cancer.
- A female celebrity who died from cancer? That would be Farah Fawcett. She went to Europe to find an alternative medicine cure for her cancer of the anus, and she was making a documentary about it, but the cancer got her anyway at the age of 62.
Ten celebrities. All dead from cancer. Famous people may think they're immortal, but cancer sneaks up and snatches life after life .Hopefully, these celebrities didn't die in vain if we take their stories to heart.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …