It’s our own version of #FollowFriday as we list ten celebrities that Twitter. These may not be the most famous celebrities on Twitter, but they’re certainly the most entertaining. Follow them for maximum lulz.
- Conan O’Brien (@ConanOBrien) – After leaving NBC to make room for the twin terrors of Jay Leno’s giant chin and Jay Leno’s giant ego, Conan O’Brien started tweeting. His first tweet betrayed a certain desperation: “Today I interviewed a squirrel in my backyard and then threw to commercial. Somebody help me.” Since then he has used his account to keep fans updated on his post-“Tonight Show” activities.
- Rainn Wilson (@rainnwilson) – Best known as Dwight on NBC’s “The Office,” Rainn Wilson makes frequent, amusing posts to his Twitter account. He also uses it to promote his side project website, SoulPancake.
- Neil Patrick Harris (@ActuallyNPH) – Known to older folks as Doogie Howser and younger folks as Dr. Horrible, NPH is another celebrity who tweets. With over 395,000 followers, his 140-character updates reach a lot of people. Let’s hope he doesn’t use that power for evil.
- James Urbaniak (@JamesUrbaniak) – Urbaniak is currently employed as the voice of Dr. Venture on Cartoon Network’s “Venture Brothers.” He has also appeared on “The Office,” both as Dwight’s buddy and as the voice of a baby. Though perhaps a bit more obscure than other big-name celebrities that twitter, he is also a whole lot funnier than most of them.
- Zach Galifianakis (@galifianakisz) – That bearded guy from “The Hangover” with the crazed look in his eye, Galifinikis is also a ridiculously funny stand-up comic. Follow him on Twitter to find out when he posts his latest episode of “Between Two Ferns,” a web-based show in which he interviews other celebrities with often-painful results.
- Joel McHale (@joelmchale) – Star of “The Soup” and “Community,” Joel McHale is also a regular tweeter. Follow him for the latest goings-on in the “Community” community.
- Aziz Ansari (@azizansari) – Ansari follows McHale’s “Community” with his own role as Tom on “Parks and Recreation,” so it’s fitting that he follows him on this list as well. And you should follow him on Twitter, because he will make you laugh so hard your pants will fall down. Here’s a tip: wear a belt next time.
- Simon Pegg (@simonpegg) – He was Shaun in “Shaun of the Dead” and Scotty in the recent “Star Trek” reboot. He also tweets. He does it with a British accent, though, so sometimes it’s a little difficult to understand him.
- John Hodgman (@hodgman) – You may know him as “the PC” in Apple’s smarmy, condescending ad campaign. You may also know him as that guy from “The Daily Show” or the author of “Areas of My Expertise.” Yes, he is all of those things and more! He is also a celebrity who twitters.
- Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman) – Not all Twitterers are dudes. There are females on Twitter, too. It’s true! Sarah Silverman is a celebrity that twitters and has a vagina. Follow her for funny jokes about vaginas, and perhaps other things on occasion.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.