Curious about 10 celebrities that went to college? There are many celebrities that went to college. Before they were making millions and making movies, and sometimes while they were, these celebrities were struggling to make As on small amounts of sleep. Here's a detailed list of where some of your favorite celebrities went to college and what they studied.
- Sandra Bullock. This celebrity attended East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina, where she majored in drama. Perhaps that's where she learned her Oscar-winning accent in "The Blindside." However, like many famous actors and actresses, Bullock did not complete her education, instead opting for an early career in acting.
- Ashton Kutcher. The current king of Twitter enrolled in the University of Iowa in 1996. He majored in Biochemical Engineering with the motivation to find a cure for his brother's heart problems. He was in a fraternity but it wasn't long before he enrolled in the "Fresh Faces of Iowa" contest and got runner up and moved to the Big City. The rest is history. If you have any questions, you could ask @aplusk.
- Meryl Streep. This queen of the screen received her BA in drama at Vassar College in 1971, but also enrolled as an exchange student at Dartmouth College for a semester. She also obtained an MFA from the Yale School of Drama.
- Julia Roberts. Roberts attended Georgia State University, where she studied to be a veterinarian. After graduating she followed her brother's footsteps and moved to the Big Apple to try her hand at acting. She took acting classes there and was the star of a major picture at 22.
- Will Ferrell. Ferrell studied at the University of Southern California, where he completed a degree in Sports Broadcasting in 1989. He was almost a real-life anchorman, though probably not as hilarious as Mr. Ron Burgundy.
- Brooke Shields. Shields was already a successful actress when she put her film career on hold to go to college. She attended Princeton University from 1983 to 1987 and graduated with a degree in French Literature. Here's a fun fact: Shields' senior thesis was titled "The Initiation: From Innocence to Experience: The Pre-Adolescent/Adolescent Journey in the Films of Louis Malle, Pretty Baby and Lacombe Lucien." We don't know what that means, but it sounds smart.
- Adam Sandler. This celebrity went to New York University and got a degree in fine arts. While he was there, he appeared at many comedy clubs until his graduation in 1991.
- Matt Damon. Damon attended Harvard University and majored in English. He pursued a career in acting while he was there, and did some major films. He dropped out eventually, finding his success elsewhere, and never completed his education.
- Brad Pitt. Half of the Brangelina pair, Pitt studied at the University of Missouri and majored in journalism and advertising. He left only two credits short of graduation to pursue modeling and acting. The other half of the equation, Angelina, attended night classes at New York University, but did not graduate either.
- Ashley Judd. Judd attended, and still supports, the University of Kentucky. She majored in French with minors in anthropology, art history, theater and women's studies. She left school in 1990, one course away from graduation. She returned years later and finally graduated.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …