10 Celebrity Interracial Couples
Back in the 1960s when Sammy Davis, Jr. wed Swedish actress May Britt, coming up with a list of 10 celebrity interracial couples would have been impossible. Since then, views on interracial marriages have relaxed to the point that the 10 couples listed here are just a sampling of the many mixed marriages currently in show business.
- Heidi Klum and Seal. Perhaps the most visible of all celebrity interracial couples, the marriage between beautiful Victoria’s Secret model Heidi Klum and Grammy-winning R&B singer Seal has lasted 5 years and produced 4 children.
- Iman and David Bowie. With eighteen years of marriage—an eternity in celebrity years—and one daughter, Somali-born model Iman and glam-rocker David Bowie have maintained one of the most successful relationships on our list of 10 celebrity interracial couples.
- Eva Longoria and Tony Parker. Next on our list of 10 celebrity interracial couples are beautiful “Desperate Housewives” actress Eva Longoria and San Antonio Spurs basketball star Tony Parker. The two tied the knot in 2007 and are still going strong having weathered the storm of a rumored Parker affair.
- Ellen Pompeo and Chris Ivery. One of Hollywood’s newer celebrity interracial couples, she plays Meredith Grey on “Grey’s Anatomy” and he is a successful record producer. Married in 2007, Pompeo and Ivery have one daughter.
- Idina Mendel and Taye Diggs. Our next celebrity interracial couple met as co-stars of the Broadway production of “Rent.” Seven years later, actors Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel married in 2003 and welcomed a son in 2009.
- Elin Nordegren and Tiger Woods. They appeared to be a match made in heaven—a beautiful, blonde model and the best golfer on the planet—which put them on everyone’s list of top celebrity interracial couples. But as we all know by now, Tiger Woods’ wandering eye put an end to a five-year marriage that produced two children.
- Grace Hightower and Robert De Niro. Thirteen years of marriage and one son earn actor Robert De Niro and former flight attendant Grace Hightower a spot on our list of 10 celebrity interracial couples. Previously, De Niro had a 12-year marriage to African-American singer, Diahnne Abbott.
- Paula Patton and Robin Thicke. She is an actress who appeared in the film “Precious” and he is a Grammy-winning singer. Married in 2005, Patton and Thicke have one son and have become regular guests on late night talk shows.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom. Kim Kardashian may have split from Reggie Bush, but her sister Khloe’s recent marriage to NBA star Lamar Odom ranks the pair on our list of 10 celebrity interracial couples.
- Sara Kapfer and Cuba Gooding, Jr. The man who won an Oscar for “Jerry McGuire” went outside the show business community when he married his high school sweetheart Sara Kapfer in 1994. That was after the couple had already lived together 7 years, making the Goodings perhaps the most successful celebrity interracial couple of all time.