If you’re looking for decent quality sound in your ride on a seriously limited budget, then check out our list of ten cheap car CD players. Each of these CD receivers features front AUX-in, MP3/WMA compatibility and numerous other features, all for under $100. Our editor searched high and low, gleaning user reviews from across the internet to bring you only the best cheap car CD players. Just because you’re on a budget doesn’t mean you can’t have good sounding tunes.
- Dual Model XDM6350 In-Dash CD Receiver. This particular Dual model features a front (12 Mbps) USB, three RCA inputs, and a detachable faceplate. With 200 peak Watts (50 x 4,) and a wireless remote, it’s not bad as far as cheap car CD players go. Reviews say it’s easy to install, even for the novice.
- JVC Model KDR210 In-Dash CD Receiver. As the low guy on the totem pole in terms of prices for JVC CD receivers, this model still boasts good features and sound. It’s MP3/WMA compatible, with ID3/WMA tags. With MOS-FET 200 Watt (50 x 4,) subwoofer controls, and other available speaker adjustments, you can get your sound, your way.
- Kenwood Model KDC-MP245 In-Dash CD Receiver. Kenwood makes a handful of cheap car CD players, but this model had the best user reviews. With 50W x 4 MOS-FET and detachable faceplate, you get power and security. It plays it all, CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA, plus front AUX-IN.
- Pioneer Model DEH-1300MP In-Dash CD Receiver. Just like the previous mentions for good cheap car CD players, this in-dash CD receiver plays all the most common formats, with front AUX and 50W x 4 MOS-FET. The remote and 1 preamp (2.2 v) output round out the features. It’s pretty easy to install, too. User reviews were stellar, as you would expect from a name like Pioneer.
- Sony Model CDXGT350MP In-Dash CD Receiver. Sony is a well-known name in electronics. Some models are great, some are not much to write home about. However, this particular choice for cheap car CD players is one of the good ones. Not only does it have 52W x 4, but it also features an HD radio receiver. It’s iPod and satellite radio ready, with a detachable faceplate.
- Alpine Model CDE-100 In-Dash CD Receiver. Not many cheap car CD players include a USB port, but this Alpine model has one, as well as a front AUX jack. In addition to MP3, WMA, and CD formats, it also accepts AAC.
- Clarion Model CZ500 In-Dash CD Receiver. This model is Clarion’s single-DIN premium CD receiver. In addition to the usual formats, with Bluetooth and both USB and AUX ports in front, you can hook up any removable storage device or drive. It plays CD-R/RWs, as well as CD-DA with AAC files.
- Boss Model 835UI In-Dash Touchpanel. With a detachable face, USB, AUX, and SD card inputs in the front, there’s not much you couldn’t listen to on this Boss model. Compared to other cheap car CD players on the list, this one boasts the highest wattage with 80W x 4 and 5 RCA preamp outputs.
- Phase Linear Model BT1611i In-Dash CD Receiver. Once known for their amplifiers and preamps, Phase Linear now specializes in car stereos. This particular model features every input available, including Bluetooth, USB, AUX, and SD. You can also work your iPod directly from the receiver, which makes selecting options easier and safer while you drive.
- Supersonic Model SC-1964UM In-Dash CD Receiver. Just look at these features, from one of the least expensive models on the list of cheap car CD players: detachable faceplate, SD/MMC slots, front USB port, RCA output, and shock protection. Not a bad deal for under $60.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.