Tired of staying at an overpriced, cramped hotel room and eating out three meals a day with your family when on vacation for a week? How you would like to have a bigger room, spend less money for nightly rate and have some of the creature comforts of home? Extended Stay Hotels have the same amenities as a standard room: cable TV, bed(s), nightstand, lamps, restroom/shower as well as internet services, but they offer so much more.
Budget weekly stay hotels not only offer more living space but also extra amenities which include fully equipped kitchenettes (flatware, dishware, cookware, glassware plus cleaning supplies), coffee maker, stove top burners, microwave, mini to full-size refrigerator, two-seater dining table which may double as a work desk, once-a-week housekeeping service and an onsite laundry facility. Please note the kitchen sinks do not have garbage disposals, so please place your food scraps in the trash otherwise you’ll clog up the sink, been there done that.
The list below contains ten cheap extended hotels with additional information on extra amenities or services they provide other than the norm. Weekly hotel rates vary accordingly if it is peak season during summer months or if that particular city has high business traffic year round. Some cheap weekly hotels allow pets for a small fee.
- Value Place. Housekeeping is every other week, however you may bring your linens to the front desk during office hours for an exchange. Prices start as low as $149 per week and up.
- Extended Stay America. Unlimited phone calls and personalized voice mail and cable TV with premium movie, sports and news channels. Rates vary.
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel. 100 percent interior corridor property. Rates vary.
- InTown Suites. Premium TV lineup with movie channels, free local calls at most locations and voice mail service. Rates start at $160 per week and up.
- Studio 6 Extended Stay. Premium movies, sports and news channels, free phone calls and voice mail. Rates vary.
- Affordable Suites of America. Premium movie channels and free local phone calls. Rates vary.
- Crossland Economy Studios. Unlimited phone call use and personalized voice mail. Rates vary.
- Sun Suites. Premium movie channels, personal voice mail service and a relaxing chair with ottoman. Rates vary.
- Crestwood Suites. 300 square feet hotel room with a separate living room, desk, premium movie channels, iron and ironing board and an all interior corridor property. Rates vary.
- SavannahSuites. Personal voice mail.
Budget weekly hotel rooms by far the most cost efficient lodging for your family or group of friends for those long, get away vacations. In some states, such as California and Texas, once you’ve stayed 30 consecutive days in an economy weekly hotel or any hotel room for that matter, you no longer have to pay room tax for you are then considered a resident of that state. Be sure to ask the front desk if you plan on staying monthly when you register.
Three expenses of vacationing are travel, food consumption and lodging. With extended stay hotels you cut your expenses by cutting the cost of eating at restaurants or fast food joints and eliminate daily maid service which cuts the cost of your room rate. Next time you consider booking a room for a week be sure to check out the nearest inexpensive extended stay hotel in the city you plan to visit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…