New Orleans is a beautiful city with a long history of welcoming visitors from around the world, with many cheap hotels where you can stay in, so that you can spend your savings on the great restaurants. Here are some of the best deals in New Orleans hotels— all at less than $75 dollars per night:
- Midtown Hotel New Orleans. This hotel offers a pool, a restaurant, and business center, within three miles of the city center. After a 2010 change in ownership, the hotel staff has renewed their efforts to ensure customer satisfaction. Guests will appreciate a lot of personal attention from the staff. MIdtown Hotel New Orleans: 3900 Tulane Ave., New Orleans, LA 70119. (504) 218-5984.
- Parc St. Charles. This hotel boasts a restaurant and an onsite fitness room so you can work off all the food you’ve eaten. It provides a step up from a basic motel. Located close to the French Quarter and Bourbon Street, this hotel is in the heart of the action. Parc St. Charles: 500 Saint Charles Ave., New Orleans LA 70130. (504) 522-2000.
Red Carpet Inn & Suite. When you’re willing to stay further from the city center this property about four miles from downtown often offers rooms under $50 per night. There is ample parking available. Red Carpet Inn & Suite: 6050 Chef Menteur Highway, New Orleans, LA 70126. (504) 243-0433.
- St. Peter House Hotel. If you just want to stay close to the action but do not want amenities, this hotel will work for you. This hotel lacks an onsite restaurant. Rooms are decorated with antique furniture to match the old world charm of this property. St. Peter House Hotel: 1005 St. Peter St., New Orleans, LA 70116. (504) 524-9232.
O’Keefe Plaza. This midsize hotel offers a pool, workout facility and business center. It is conveniently located near Canal Street. Since the facility has less than 150 rooms, guests can expect a personalized experience. O'Keefe Plaza: 334 O'Keefe Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112. (504) 524-5400.
- Hotel LeCirque. This new property is a comfortable walk to the convention center. An onsite restaurant provides a great place to eat before you start your day. During Mardi Gras, this is a great place to watch the parades. Le Cirque: 936 St. Charles Avenue, At Lee Circle, New Orleans, LA 70130 (504) 962-0900.
- Avenue Garden Hotel. This is a small historic hotel with only 27 guest rooms. Staying here is $60 per night. It is conveniently located near several streetcar lines. Avenue Garden Hotel: 1509 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130. (504) 521-8000.
Historic French Market. This property boasts several courtyards and a pool so you can enjoy the warm southern nights. Although the rooms are smaller than more modern properties, this hotel has a quaint old school charm. Be warned—if you have a car, parking is extra. Historic French Market Inn: 501 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130. (504) 561-5621.
- Prytania Oaks Hotel. This hotel provides clean and comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. History buffs will appreciate the original crown moldings and other details from when the hotel was built in the 1840s. Prytania Oaks Hotel: 1612 Prytania Street, New Orleans, LA 70130. (504) 524-0427.
- Super 8 Motel. If you want to stay at a national chain, this is a good bet. Although the building appears a bit institutional, guests can take comfort in the low prices and the reliability of a large chain. Since this hotel is about five miles from the city center, be prepared to rent a car or take cabs as needed to see the city. Super 8: 6322 Chef Menteur Highway, New Orleans, LA 70126. (504) 241-5650.
No matter why you are visiting New Orleans, there are numerous hotels available that are cheap and comfortable. With a little bit of research and advance planning you should be able to find a great hotel at a great price that meets your needs. Travel in good health!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.