Curious about 10 cheap Santa Barbara hotels? A trip to sunny California does not have to break the bank when you stay at a cheap hotel in Santa Barbara. Though many cheap Santa Barbara hotels offer excellent amenities, guests should not expect the same service as would be found at a more expensive hotel. However, as long as expectations are reasonable, a stay at an inexpensive hotel can be every bit as enjoyable as a more expensive hotel.
- Hotel State Street. One of the cheapest Santa Barbara hotels, Hotel State Street offers a comfortable stay at a modest price. Within walking distance of Santa Barbara's main downtown strip, guests pay an average of $74 nightly, but expect to share a bathroom! Hotel State Street: 121 State St., Santa Barbara, CA 93101.
- Pacific Crest Inn by the Sea. Another cheap hotel in Santa Barbara, the Pacific Crest Inn by the Sea offers a heated pool and covered parking. Within walking distance of the beach, hotel guests can expect to pay an average of $84 for each overnight visit. Pacific Crest Inn by the Sea: 433 Corona Del Mar, Santa Barbara, CA 93103.
- Hacienda Motel. Centrally located, the Hacienda Motel offers a cheap place to stay while in Santa Barbara. Cable television, free parking and comfortable beds are a few amenities available for about $89 each night. Hacienda Motel: 3643 State St., Santa Barbara, CA 93105.
- Castillo Inn at the Beach. Located half a block from the Santa Barbara Marina and West Beach, the Castillo Inn at the Beach has recently been renovated with a stylish new look. A small hotel with only twenty rooms, guests can enjoy luxury linens each night for only about $92. Castillo Inn at the Beach: 22 Castillo St., Santa Barbara, CA 93101.
- Agave Inn. A small hotel, the Agave Inn only has thirteen rooms available, but is dedicated to providing the many comforts of home. Flat-screen televisions, iPod docking stations and microwaves are in each room. An average stay overnight costs about $104, and is followed up by a complimentary continental breakfast. Agave Inn: 3222 State St., Santa Barbara, CA 93105.
- Sandman Inn. Minutes from the beach, the Sandman Inn offers 113 non-smoking rooms, suites and two-room family units. Poolside rooms are available, and in addition to free DVD borrowing with a player in each room, guests also receive free day passes to a nearby fitness center. All these wonderful amenities, and a good night's sleep, can be yours for an average price of $104 each night. Sandman Inn: 3714 State St., Santa Barbara, CA 93105.
- Santa Barbara Days Inn. Only one block from Yacht Harbor, the Santa Barbara Days Inn offers a jacuzzi and whirlpool area, complimentary continental breakfast and a fantastic palm tree-lined oceanfront view. An overnight visit costs on average of $105. Santa Barbara Days Inn: 116 Castillo St., Santa Barbara, CA 93101.
- Blue Sands Motel. A small, inexpensive hotel in Santa Barbara, the Blue Sands Motel offers eleven pet-friendly rooms. Less than half a block from East Beach, guests may enjoy ocean-view rooms, complimentary toiletries and free off-street parking. Average daily rates at the Blue Sands are around $109. Blue Sands Motel: 421 South Milpas St., Santa Barbara, CA 93103.
- Sandpiper Lodge. With a heated pool and spa, the Sandpiper Lodge offers guests a relaxing stay at an affordable rate. A 24-hour concierge service and complimentary breakfast can be yours at the Sandpiper Lodge for about $119 a night. Sandpiper Lodge: 3525 State St., Santa Barbara, CA 93105.
- Franciscan Inn. Only one block from the beach, the Franciscan Inn is a Spanish-Mediterranean hotel that offers complimentary parking, a heated year-round pool and spa and fresh baked cookies daily. The average daily rate for a stay at the Franciscan Inn is $119. Franciscan Inn: 109 Bath St., Santa Barbara, CA 93101.
Cheap hotels in Santa Barbara can help make business trips and vacations much more affordable and enjoyable. Many cheap hotels are clean and offer a more personalized experience than those offered by more expensive accommodations.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
What to Drink on Labor Day
Seven options to see out the summer with style. And by style we mean a cool buzz.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
A 99-pack and nine other nuggets of conversational fodder.