10 Cheap Sporty Cars
You don't always have to spend a fortune to get yourself one of these 10 cheap sporty cars. There are plenty of cheap sports cars to choose from that are all under $30,000, and some are just over $20,000.
The Volkswagen GTI is a small sporty car that is available as a two door coupe or a four door sedan. The GTI boasts a 200 horsepower engine, and pricing starts are $22,230.
- The MINI Cooper is another cheap sporty car that you might find appealing. The MINI Cooper produces 172 horsepower, and even comes equipped with a six speed transmission, which is something of a rarity. Prices for the MINI Cooper start at $21,200.
- The Honda Civic Si also makes the list of cheap sporty cars that you should check out. The Civic goes from zero to sixty in 6 1/2 seconds, and has 197 horsepower. The Civic Si is priced at $21,110.
- The Nissan Sentra SR-E Spec-V is the least expensive model on our list of cheap sporty cars. The SR-E starts at $20,180, and offers a new upgraded look, as well as 197 horsepower. The Sentra SR-E Spec-V also has more after market parts and accessories than any other car except the Ford Mustang, which makes upgrading and customizing easier.
- The Dodge Caliber Dodge Caliber SRT4 offers an impressive 285 horsepower, as well as SUV capability within a four door model. The SRT4 costs a lot less than many cars in its horsepower class, starting at $22,435.
- The Toyota Camry XLE is the most expensive model on our cheap sporty cars list, though it still comes in a respectable $28,120. The Camry XLE's 3.5 liter engine produces 268 horsepower, which is more than some engine that are almost twice its size.
- The Nissan 350Z is another six speed transmission car that makes the list of cheap sporty cars. The 350Z runs 0 to 60 in six seconds flat, and it can still get 25 miles per gallon. Prices for the 350Z start at $27,980.
- The Mazda 3 is one of the more affordable cheap sporty cars out there. The Mazda 3 starts at $22,340, and offers plenty of punch with 263 horsepower. The car also gets good mileage, which tops out at 26 mpg on the highway.
The Subaru Impreza is another cheap sporty car that offers both power and good fuel economy. The Impreza has a 2.5 liter engine that produces 224 horsepower, while getting between 26 and 29 mile per gallon. The Impreza starts at $24,350.
- The Ford Mustang tops the list of cheap sporty cars, as it provides the fastest 0 to 60 time at 5.2 seconds and offers 300 horsepower. The Mustang is also an iconic model and has the most after market accessories for its owners. The Mustang starts at $27,020, which makes it an affordable sports car that nearly everyone recognizes.
Posted on: Nov. 04, 2010