Asia combines the best of all worlds. It's cheaper than North America and Europe, it's an exotic location that fewer people have traveled to, and it has got some of the most scenic places on earth. Here is a list of 10 cheap travel destinations in Asia:
- Thailand. Thailand offers it all at a cheap price. Phuket is known as a party-goers dream, and since it's conveniently located on the coast, it's also known for being one of the most gorgeous places on earth. If that sounds good, try going to the islands of the coast for their world famous Full Moon Parties. Whatever your pleasure, Thailand definitely tops the list of cheap travel destinations in Asia.
- Cambodia. If you enjoy shopping, Cambodia boasts of some of the best open markets in Asia, selling finely handcrafted pieces of art for a tenth of what you could get them back home. Also, Cambodia contains Angkor Wat, one of the architectural marvels of the world.
- Indonesia. Indonesia, located in Southeast Asia, contains marvelous white sand beaches, excellent outdoor activities, and some of the best food and drink in Asia. Travelers all over the world flock to Bali to take part in trekking, surfing, snorkeling, and world class scuba diving. After exerting yourself, indulge in gourmet cuisine that won't break your bank account, as Bali definitely makes the list as one of the 10 cheap travel destinations in Asia.
- The Philippines. Like Indonesia and Thailand, the Philippines boasts stunning watersides destinations. Borocay, located within the Philippines, is a renown scuba and snorkeling dream come true.
- South Korea. Known for it's friendly citizens, party going lifestyle, and late night activities, South Korea makes it to the list of top 10 cheap travel destinations. Enjoy some grilled meat cooked on a charcoal fire grill brought to your table.
Vietnam. One of the cheapest Asian travel destinations, Vietnam is no longer known for being a war torn nation. Now it's known for it's French cuisine, excellent beaches, and snorkeling. If you like clothes, Vietnam is the place to go. For less than the cost of a cheap shirt, you can get clothes hand made to measure for you by expert craftsmen. Many companies in Europe send their fabric to Vietnam to have them made, then shipped back for the labeling and pricing. By getting your suits and clothes hand tailored, you beat the markup, making Vietnam one of the 10 cheap travel destinations in Asia.
- Japan. Although not considered by most to be a cheap travel destination, if carefully planned, it can be. Osaka, known as the food capital of Japan, is known for it's wild indulgence in partying and eating. The local take on pub grub is amazingly good, and amazingly cheap for a country that is normally known for being expensive. Get a hold of the JR Railway pass, and you can even take the bullet trains to the near by cultural capital, Kyoto, for a fraction of the cost.
- China. The most populous country on earth, China is known for being a cheap travel destination that covers all the bases. Whether you want to see The Great Wall, a wonder of the world, or explore the history of the country, China is a huge nation with many sites to see. But rides, phenomenal food, and tourist attractions are all cheap in China.
- India. India, home of three major world religions, is a culturally dense country that offers visitors unique sites and opportunities for pennies on the dollar. See the Taj Mahal, visit a traditional Hindu temple, or even learn yoga from the source. India also offers visitors the opportunity to indulge in fine Indian food, party in Goa, or scuba dive and snorkel in one of the many islands off the coast.
- Singapore. This small country is almost like Disneyland, but cheaper. Singapore offers visitors several cultures for the price of one. Singapore contains a mix of Chinese, Indians, Arabs, Europeans, and Malaysians, each with their own communities providing an eclectic mix of 6 communities and heritages for the price of one trip, rounding out our list of top 10 cheap travel destinations in Asia.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…