If you’re having trouble deciding where to go on your next vacation, keep your budget in line and try one of these 10 cheap travel destinations in Latin America.
- Buenos Aires. Argentina’s capital is our favorite cheap travel destination in Latin America.
- Mexico City. It is one of the world’s largest and most chaotic cities, and we love it for these reasons.
- La Paz. This Bolivian city is famous for its many cultural institutions, including the Museum San Francisco and the Museum of Contemporary Art, all of which makes this one of the cheapest travel destinations in Latin America.
- Trujillo. The area surrounding this Peruvian enclave is home to several thousand archeological sites, just waiting to be explored. It is the only cheap travel destination in Latin America where you can explore archeological ruins and enjoy fine beaches at once.
- Lima. Peru’s capital city is a prime cheap travel destination, and it can be used as a base for exploring the nearby Palomino Islands, with its natural habitat of sea lions.
- Havana. The Cuban capital is a surprisingly cheap travel destination in Latin America if you avoid the state-run hotels and stay in casas particulares, or private homes. It’s also the place to be for cheap Cuban cigars.
- Santiago. The best cheap travel destination in Chile, in our humble opinion, for its cosmopolitan nightlife and great museums.
- La Libertad. Looking for a cheap surf vacation? This coastal town in El Salvador is the place to be.
- Loja. Loja lies in the Andean Highlands area and is Ecuador’s oldest colonial city, it's also one of the cheapest travel destinations in Latin America.
- Cochabamba. This Bolivian town has some of the country’s best restaurants, all of which offer affordable versions of national favorites, including lots of seafood.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.