Here are 10 cheap travel destinations in the U.S. Not having to fly overseas knocks a lot off the price tag of your vacation. There are plenty of places stateside to have a nice vacation. You can even take an extended road trip and visit a couple of places at once.
- New York City One of the biggest cities in the United States boasts dozens of sites to see, including Times Square and the 911 monument at Ground Zero. There are, of course, expensive areas to see and stay, but New York is well aware of its tourist appeal and there are plenty of affordable hotels to stay. New York City’s subway makes it easy to get around or you can walk, which is even cheaper and just as easy.
- California The Golden State may be expensive to live in but it’s a whole lot cheaper to visit. Los Angeles has dozens of scenic routes to drive, Universal Studios, Disneyland and a hundred other sites.
- Las Vegas The Strip is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country and they have plenty to offer without completely destroying your bank account provided you avoid the casinos.
- Washington The home of grunge and coffee is full of decently priced hotels and plenty to see. Seattle is one of its biggest attractions and there are dozens of decently priced places to shop, listen to music or eat. There are also plenty of places to go camping if you want to avoid the city and get back to nature.
- Washington, District of Columbia The capitol of the United States is hands down one of the best places to visit. With numerous monuments, historical sights, interesting buildings and affordable hotels.
- Montana Cowboy country is pretty affordable. There are lots of opportunities to go camping or staying at a dude ranch. The Big Sky state has plenty of National Parks to visit and is the perfect place for a road trip.
- Florida More commonly known as the retirement state, Florida nevertheless has at least one thing worth seeing. Disneyworld and, of course, Miami and its famed nightlife. Its status means there is always something affordable for everyone and there’s plenty to do.
- San Francisco It deserves to stand alone from the rest of California because even other Californians venture there year after year for vacation. San Francisco has plenty of things to see, including its famed Fisherman's Wharf and the sea lions.
- Grand Canyon The Grand Canyon is a huge tourist attraction. There are plenty of affordable hotels in the area and even seeing the Canyon itself isn’t insanely overpriced unless, of course, you want to take a helicopter ride, then you’re on your own.
- Hawaii One of the most popular tourist destinations in the world can afford to be affordable. To really save money, try to stay on one of the smaller islands. There are plenty of nice, small hotels or rental homes for a decent price.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.