10 Christian Dating Tips
Think you could use 10 Christian dating tips? Whether you are new to dating or have been dating for years, it is important to keep in mind that Christian dating is somewhat different from dating for many other people. Here are 10 Christian dating tips that you should be aware of:
- Dress as though you’re going on a date. Wearing clean clothes, taking a shower prior to the date and brushing your teeth can go a long way. This is one of the Christian dating tips that anyone, regardless of their religion or morals, should be sure to follow when going out with someone.
- Keep in mind that talking really is the best way to get to know someone. When you first begin dating someone, it is important to talk as much as you can. Talk on the phone, use instant messenger and be sure to talk to each other tons in person.
- Avoid physical temptations. This is one of the most important Christian dating tips that you should know about. Many Christian couples even avoid kissing until their engagement, but it is important to have an understanding of how far you are both willing to go.
- Always respect each other. Say “please” and “thank you” on a regular basis. Also, be sure to open car doors, put away your cell phone and show other signs of respect that let your date know that you were raised by a Christian family.
- Enjoy fun Christian activities with one another. One of the Christian dating tips that you should know about is that you will want your church to become acquainted with your date. Attend church services, prayer groups, Sunday school or other church activities that you can regularly take part in together.
- Spend time with your date’s family, as well as your own. Many Christians have strong family values. Getting together for a Sunday dinner after church or playing Scrabble with your date’s family or your own family can be ideal.
- Always be honest with your date. Not lying is one of the Christian dating tips that you should not even need to be told, as all Christians are supposed to be honest. It is also important to be up-front about the way you feel whenever possible, however.
- Be open-minded whenever possible. Part of being a Christian is accepting people for who they are. Just because someone doesn’t agree with you about everything doesn’t necessarily mean that you won’t work out as a couple.
- Meet people in the right location. One of the most essential Christian dating tips is knowing where to find potential dates. Consider dating people from church, asking people from church to set you up with blind dates, or use Christian online dating sites.
- Keep a positive attitude. Be as optimistic as you possibly can any time you meet someone. If it turns out that you don’t have enough chemistry in the end, keep in mind that you may have just found yourself a great new friend.
These are just 10 Christian dating tips that you should know about. Also remember that the best thing that you can do is just have fun. Enjoy your life and the encounters that you have with other people. It will be great if it works out in the end, but if it doesn’t there are plenty of other fish in the sea!