10 Christmas Gift Ideas For Fathers
10 Christmas gift ideas for fathers offer special presents purchased from a store, as well as a few presents that simply offer the gift of doing something for dad out the the goodness of your heart. Some traditional dad gifts have gotten a bad rap over the years due to their popularity and the fact that less creative gift givers just purchase the same gift year after year. These gifts are practical and, if dad hasn't received one in several years, don't look down on the idea. Dad will have to go out and buy the item himself, if you don't come to the holiday rescue.
- Slippers. This is one of the most maligned Christmas gift idea for fathers. Some dads go in big for footwear and use slippers throughout the year. If your dad is one of this group, check his closet to see what type of slipper needs replacement. Both summer and winter slippers should be easy to find during holiday shopping.
- Wallet. Another badmouthed dad holiday gift, a wallet is a traditional, but necessary item for fathers. Look at your dad's current wallet to determine his favorite type of wallet. If your father likes a wallet with a section that includes photograph holders, add a photo of your own mug.
- Help around the house. This gift is perfect for the kids who don't have any coin. The catch to this Christmas gift is you have to follow through on executing the actual giving part. Offer to help your father do something around the house that requires a significant amount of effort. Volunteer to help repair the roof, clean the gutters, strip weeds from a flower bed or trim some trees around the house. Ask dad to select the job and then suck it up when the exact request is made. If this doesn't sound like you can do it, remember cash is king and go for a present you can purchase at a store.
- Car detailing. This Christmas gift involves cleaning and polishing your dad's ride. If you're ambitious, offer to do a wash job for every month of the year.
- Hats. If your dad is a fan of hats, select something special in the head wear category. Baseball hats, Stetsons, even top hats, give an interesting slant to the holiday. Don't forget to do the package up right and put the gift in a holiday hat box. Your dad will guess that you've bought a hat, but have no idea the type or the color. Make sure you know your dad's head size before springing for this Christmas gift.
- Music. Download some tunes or pick up a CD or two from the local music store for your father this Christmas. Pick holiday music or your dad's favorite artist for the gift. A certificate for music is another idea where dad can pick out something special.
- Photos. Take a photo of you and your family, if you have one. Add a special frame and wrap with holiday ribbons.
- Books. Select your dad's favorite author and pick out a book for a holiday gift. If you're not sure what dad would like, buy a gift certificate for a brick-and-mortar or online bookstore.
- Films or DVDs. Movies are a good Christmas gifts for fathers who enjoy film. Pick an action film or a thriller for your dad and after eating Christmas dinner, sit down with dad for a home showing.
- Clothes. Clothing is another Christmas gift idea for dad. This gift could fall into the dreaded gift category if you're thinking a tie, but the gift could truly be something your dad needs for work or play. Take a look in dad's closet for some ideas.