10 Christmas Gift Ideas For Girlfriends
Girlfriends usually expect a nice gift for the holidays and these 10 Christmas gift ideas for girlfriends include some really nice and pricey options, as well as some ideas for presents from the heart, but not from the wallet. Don't assume you have to spring for a major gift for your girlfriend for Christmas. A good rule of thumb is to seek out one of her girlfriends for a fact finding mission to get some gift ideas. That way the mutual friend can share the information with your squeeze so the gift giving will be on the same level of intensity and price point.
- The ring. Not just any ring, but THE ring. This Christmas gift idea for the girlfriend requires deep exploration to determine if she'll be excited about the prospects of getting an engagement ring at Christmas. If she's stayed with you for a number of years, the odds are that she's open to accepting this special bling for the holiday. If your heart doesn't tell you this is right, check with a close family member of your girlfriend's to make sure this gift is appropriate.
- Flowers. A nice bouquet of flowers is a nice Christmas gift idea. Red roses mean a love relationship; white roses are for a pure heart. Yellow roses mean friendship and if the florist has other colored roses, it's good to ask for an interpretation before springing for the bouquet. You don't want the roses to be misinterpreted.
- Music. Sound is an important element for a special friendship and music is a nice gift idea. If you have some bucks, buy your girlfriend a machine to play her music for a bonus. Wrap each present separately and have her open the player first.
- Books. Literature is a good choice for girlfriends who enjoy reading. A gift certificate wrapped with a bookmark or book light makes for a nice reading package for your special girl.
- Jewelry. This gift is not to be confused with the first Christmas gift idea. In fact, this gift is given to take your girlfriend's mind off the fact that you didn't spring for THE ring this year.
- Clothing. Clothing is a nice Christmas gift idea for your girlfriend, but can be a major pain to pull off. If your girlfriend has a close friend or family member who can go along for the shopping adventure, as a taste consultant, the shopping might go far better. Stick with non-sized items, such as scarves or loose-fitting jackets. Make sure your girlfriend can exchange the gift, if the size isn't right.
- Art. A nice piece of artwork makes for an interesting Christmas present. A cartoon cel or a nice print for the wall of her apartment or house will remind her of you throughout the year.
- Collectibles. This gift category requires a bit more work than some of the other categories, but the rewards for getting it right are excellent. Pick this gift idea if your girlfriend has a collection of something special, such as pottery or stuffed toys.
- Dishes and household items. If you go for THE ring, a gift of household items are also a good idea. Dishes, pots and pans and linens are a nice choice. If you're not into home decoration, ask the department stores for use of the complimentary buyer to help in putting together a nice decorator look.
- Car accessories. If your girlfriend enjoys her ride, pick out something nice for her car as a Christmas gift. Remember, this is a gift for her, so if you share a car, the gift may look like something for yourself, so select something else from the idea list. A vanity license plate, bling for the dash or seat covers are options for this Christmas gift category.