10 Christmas Handmade Gift Ideas
Handmade holiday gifts show you value the person enough to make a gift so why not check out these 10 Christmas handmade gift ideas? Handmade Christmas gifts show you care and also make a special gift that the recipient knows took extra time to design and create. Even small handmade gift offerings may end up as treasured presents that are kept for many years.
- Card. Handmade Christmas cards make for unique handmade gift ideas. Incorporate graphics, photographs, drawings or written words into your card design. Use your imagination and take time to create a special offering.
- Blanket. A blanket offers warmth against the cold, even in warm climates where the evenings may produce a chill, and a handmade blanket gift for Christmas is a nice way to say the person is special. Blankets include quilted,
- Photograph. Take a photograph of yourself, the gift recipient's family or mutual friends and add a frame for a special handmade Christmas gift idea.
- T-shirt. Silk screen a t-shirt with a special holiday message for a friend or relative. Make the design special so that the holiday is remembered for years to come. Insert the date or a unique slogan or image to remind the person of your holiday message.
- Pillow. A dressy decorative pillow handmade with antique buttons or trim is a nice gift for a friend or family member who takes pride in home furnishings. For a fun pillow idea, use photos transferred to cloth to make a one-of-a-kind gift. Use beads or a bit of sequin bling to add flash to the Christmas gift pillow.
- Web site. Create a special web site as a handmade gift for a present. Add photo images to the site to create a holiday narrative. Include images of past Christmas celebrations or life events for family member web sites. Password protect sensitive photos and include the password in a special gift card under the Christmas tree.
- Film. Shoot a film as a handmade Christmas gift. Make movie images of children for parents or grandparents. Film mutual friends and favorite places for friends. If you have access to a home computer, add some graphics to make the movie even more personal.
- Food. Food is a traditional Christmas gift and handmade gift ideas of food make for excellent presents. You don't need to be a foodie to appreciate a homemade cake or plate of cookies. Avoid making fruitcake, unless you're sure that the recipient is a fan of the heavy Christmas cake.
- Sound recording. Make an audio recording of you and family members for gift giving at Christmas time. This is an appropriate gift for a recipient of any age, but is especially nice for an older person, or a person who doesn't get to visit with family members often. Set up a group of questions you want to record before you head out for the project.
- Mixed music. Make a compact disc or tape of music that you think the recipient will enjoy. Add some handmade art to the label of the disc or tape and sign your name. If you're handy with computer graphics, make a special holiday label for the music.