These 10 classic party songs have withstood the test of time and remain party anthems to this day. They have universal appeal and that's what makes these party songs classics. Guaranteed, if one of these songs were to begin playing at almost any party, the vast majority of those in attendance would not only know the words, they would sing along in their varying degrees of intoxication.
- "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey This classic is an obvious addition to a list of classic party songs. With every round of drinks, those who choose to sing along become more and more off-key, which is part of the appeal.
- "You Shook Me (All Night Long)" by AC/DC This raucous party anthem by AC/DC has been and always will be a party song. Generations to come will be partying with "You Shook Me (All Night Long)" playing in the background.
- "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynard Skynard Best known as being the unofficial anthem of the South, "Sweet Home Alabama" is still a universal party song for Southerners and Yankees alike. You can almost feel the energy from a party the minute this song comes on.
- "Love Shack" by B-525 "Love Shack" is definitely a classic party song. It's a song that everyone knows and has the ability to instantly liven up any gathering.
- "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks A list of classic party songs would not be complete without including "Friends in Low Places." It's a classic drinking song, whether alone or with a whole party of people.
- "Takin' Care of Business" by BTO While it's pretty impossible to not sing out of key when singing along to this song, that's part of its appeal. An excellent song to listen to while you pre-game.
- "American Pie" by Don McLean "American Pie" isn't quite as up-tempo as other party songs, but it's still a classic. Virtually everyone knows the song and they love to sing along.
- "Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry "Play That Funky Music" is a classic party song that appeals to the masses. While not everyone knows the whole song, a majority of people know the chorus at least and they can't help but to sing what they know when it comes on the stereo.
- "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel While Billy Joel may not exactly be known for wild partying, "Only the Good Die Young" is still a classic party song. Add alcohol to the mix and this song will bring drunken tears to at least one person's eyes.
- "We Built This City" by Jefferson Starship Not thought of as often as other songs, "We Built This City" is still worthy of being mentioned in a list of classic party songs. It's an excellent song for sing-a-longs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!