College is a crazy time, and there’s no doubt that there are at least 10 college drinking songs that can be heard at college parties across the nation. Whether you’re a new freshman just hitting the parties for the first time or you’re a veteran of the keggers, you’re sure to relate to these songs in one way or another.
- Blur’s “Song 2” is an alternative rock song straight from the late 90’s that is still sure to kick-start any lame party. With its peculiar lyrics and catchy guitar strumming, this is surely one of the best drinking songs that there ever was.
- “Bulls on Parade” by Rage Against the Machine is enough to make the nervous wallflower extract from his shell and celebrate his intoxication. Even though not many people pay attention to what the singer is singing about, it’s almost unanimously agreed that it’s one of the cooler and more fun college drinking songs.
- “What I Got” by Sublime has all of the basic requirements to make an awesome college drinking song. These include profanity, lyrics about doing drugs, playing a guitar, and much more. Turn this song on in any young environment, and your social status will escalate about 10 notches.
- Semisonic never came out with any other hits besides “Closing Time,” but that one single was enough to be deemed as a college classic. It’s a song simply about needing to leave because it’s “closing time,” but it still makes all of the college students go nuts.
- “Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked” by Cage the Elephant is a fairly new hit, but it has gained a lot of attention from the college crowd. This is definitely one of those songs that simply makes you feel good, and that is very true when there’s alcohol involved.
- “I Love College” by Asher Roth easily compacts the spirit of college into a small four minute song. It’s very easy to listen to, and best of all, it celebrates alcohol!
- Mostly popular in southern campuses, “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks is one of the best drinking songs there is. It might be the anthem of drinking and trying to forget a failed love, and it’s highly respected at the college parties.
- “I Gotta Feeling” by the Black Eyed Peas is merely about having a feeling that your night is going to be amazing. No, the lyrics aren’t too deep, but the song can make anyone begin to enjoy their night even more.
- “Life is a Highway” by Rascal Flatts makes everyone think about letting loose and just going crazy. It’s one of those college drinking hits that will never go out of style, and will stay on the playlist for years to come.
- Amidst the clouds of smoke and kegs, it’s probable that you’ll hear “The Joker” by the Steve Miller Band playing. Once this song starts playing, you can usually hear a few drunken college girls singing the first line, “Some people call me the space cowboy!” It will forever be known as one of the greatest college drinking songs or maybe even one of the greatest drinking songs at all.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.