10 College Fashion Trends For Males
The 10 college fashion trends for males includes fashion footwear and some interesting head gear. You want to fit in at college, but you also want to have your own individual style. Mixing in a few college fashion trends for males is one way to add some dash to your wardrobe while still keeping your own personal look. Most college fashion trends cycle over the course of several years. Think Oxford shirts and Navy pea coats. Pick up a few of the ten college fashion trends for males and integrate them into your current wardrobe for a bit of flash.
- Military-look jacket. Military-look navy or green colored wool jackets have been a universal college statement since the 1960s, but the styles generally change just enough that you can't break out your parent's or grandparent's jackets.
- Boxing boots. Sport shoes have always been in the college fashion trend for males, but boxing boots are in a totally different class from the hiking and bowling shoes. Boxing boots should be worn by males who probably could back up the fashion statement, if provoked. This isn't to advocate boxing on campus, it's a statement that if you wear the boots, you might be called out to use them.
- Converse retro sneakers. Sneakers are another universal fashion statement, but retro sneakers by Converse have the look down to the detail. After all, Converse was the original makers of the classic basketball shoe. Select the basic off-white models or go for the modernized up-grade court shoe in bright red or blue for a more personalized male fashion statement at your college.
- Retro sunglasses. Ray-Bans and Wayfarers have been popular for decades, but other retro sunglasses fashion includes some strange eyewear from the past, including lab glasses with side shields and wire mesh around the glass. If you're into Steam Punk, pick up a pair and be retro-cool at school next semester.
- Cargo pants. Another classic since the 1960s, cargo pants are now upgraded each year to include unique configurations of pockets and openings. Unless you actually need to fill all of the pockets with goodies, select pants that flatter your figure and don't add bulk in all the wrong places.
- Flannel shirts. Flannel is a traditional fall college favorite, but flannel is not just for fall any more. Plaid flannel is not only for lumberjacks, it's one of the ten college fashion trends for males. Pick up bright primary colors for fall and pastels for spring, if you go to school where the weather is crisp in the spring. Shades of green also work well to keep in step with fashion.
- Wool cardigan. Think of your grandfather's wool sweater with the buttons up the front and a pocket on each side of the front. Who said fashion had to look good? Select a shade of brown or navy for fall and neon green or yellow for spring semester and summer school.
- Rasta beanie. Beanies are traditional college wear, but Rasta beanies are in vogue for college fashion, and not just for Rastafarians. The striped beanie shows your affiliation for the island nation of Jamaica and also for an interest in reggae music.
- Vintage leather jacket. Leather jackets have always been a classic fashion trend and now male college students have adopted the leather jacket as a major trend. Vintage bombers, dress jackets and suede are all popular, and fashionable, choices.
- The man scarf. If you're a male follower of fashion trends, you'll need a man scarf. Wool or knitted are the favorite options and the longer the better. Plain scarves are acceptable, but outrageous-colored plaids are a better fashion choice for men. Select a scarf that wraps around your neck several times and still has plenty of length on both sides.