10 Combat Krav Maga Tips
Krav Maga is an Israeli style of fighting that includes these 10 combat Krav Maga tips. Krav Maga is a hand to hand style of defensive fighting that includes grappling and striking. It focuses on extremely quick and hard core counter attacks. Krav Maga was initially developed in the late 1930's by Ime Lichtenfeld. It was taught to the Jewish population of Slovakia as a means of self defense from fascists. These 10 combat Krav Maga tips are among others that are now being taught to elite fighting forces worldwide.
- Fight Dirty. This cannot be repeated enough in the 10 combat Krav Maga tips. Strike the most vulnerable area on an attackers' body. Immediately go for any exposed area. The eyes, groin and throat are sensitive spots that will yield maximum results when gouged, punched, or knee thrust.
- Get off your back. Never remain on the ground, if you're knocked down, for more than 5 seconds. Disable your attacker with a heel thrust to the knee, or groin. Roll and get to your feet. The longer you're on your back, the more time you give your attacker to get the advantage. This is one of the most important of the 10 combat Krav Maga tips. Never leave yourself in a situation of disadvantage.
- Stay aware of your surroundings. The world is your weapon in the 10 combat Krav Maga tips. Work to notice anything you can use as a weapon, or a means of escape. However, never let your sight stray from your attacker. Be aware of your surroundings with your periphery.
- Be quick. You must be quick in these 10 combat Krav Maga tips. Use every move and reaction to gain the advantage. You do not want a drawn out fight. The longer the fight, the worse for you. Counterattack quickly, and make it count.
- Keep it simple. This fighting style is not the one for mastering complicated moves and combinations. Simple, straightforward attacks work best when you're on edge, and truly fighting for your life.
- Be ruthless. Stay on your opponent, doubling your offensive moves as defensive moves. Strike quickly and brutally every chance you get. Do this until you can make a safe and speedy exit through an opening you have created.
- Stay slippery. Make it difficult for your attacker to keep a hold on you. This is one of the best of the 10 combat Krav Maga tips. Keep moving. Bend over frontward, for example, if you're grabbed from behind. This makes it harder for your attacker to slam you. Use your elbows to smash their face behind you. Or use a rear head butt, and slam your foot down on their instep. Get them off of you.
- Keep it loose. This may sound difficult to do, but keep your muscle tension loose until the moment of impact. This offers greater speed and power when the strike makes contact. It's something like whipping a towel.
- Use your whole body. Every strike you deliver is more powerful when it's backed up with the rest of your body. Swivel your upper, or lower body around when delivering strikes. Put your back into it.
- Do not be afraid to hurt your attacker. They are coming after you to hurt you. You must do what you have to do. This is the mental part of this fighting style, having the will to do what needs to be done. You must have the will if you are attacked to protect you and yours. You must be sly about it. Don't look your attacker in the eyes, and position yourself. Do this until you can find a safe way to get out of that situation. Take them by surprise, and when they're debilitated, get out of Dodge. That is the point. It's not about flash and glamorous fighting styles. It's about making it out alive.