If you’re tired of the same old thing when it comes to dating, here are 10 cool date ideas to consider for your next date. Most couples have no problem coming up with dating ideas for their first two or three dates, but for those who have been dating for a while, fresh and creative ideas can be hard to come by. To keep your dating life exciting and memorable, consider one or more of the following cool date ideas.
- A thrift store. Believe it or not, a thrift store can be a cool date, and a cheap one, too. You and your date will find it comical, and even impressive, to see what you can find for just five or ten dollars. Use a pre-set budget to select outfits for each other, then wear your “new” clothes to another date location like bowling, skating or a walk in the park.
- The planetarium. A visit to the planetarium can be a cool date, too, especially if the planetarium offers star and laser shows. And it’s a good alternative to the movie theater. Most colleges and universities have a planetarium on campus, so it’s easy to find one in your area. And their reasonable ticket prices are an additional benefit.
- A car show. A car show is a great way for a couple to spend time together. Just wander around the parking lot, admire the different body styles, and take a look inside and under the hood. You and your date can compare your dream cars. You can usually find a car show somewhere, in most larger cities, if you’re looking for one.
- An air show. Air shows don’t happen all the time, but they are definitely worth attending when they do come around. Air Force and Navy bases have the best shows, but many city airports sponsor special events annually or seasonally. They often feature static displays, too, where you can walk around the planes and look inside.
- A comedy club. The best dates are the ones filled with laughter. If you aren’t a naturally funny guy, take your date to a comedy club to get the laughter rolling. A good comedy club will have both of you laughing and smiling the rest of the night.
- Hot air balloons. If you can find someone willing to take you up, a hot air balloon ride is one of the coolest dates around. If the two of you are not that adventurous, consider a hot air balloon event where you can watch several balloons ascend at once. Some cities have annual or seasonal events, so check with your local chamber of commerce or search online for dates and locations.
- Fireworks. Everyone knows that fireworks are cool. Take your date to a spectacular fireworks display at a holiday or special event. It’s a great way to enjoy a free date, and fireworks can be very romantic. Or better yet, play with fireworks! The right kind of girl will want to play with fireworks, too, and share your excitement.
- Croquet. For a trip down memory lane, play croquet. You probably played this lawn game in the backyard when you were a kid. Remember the wooden mallets, striped balls and metal hoops? If you can find a set, take your date to the park for lots of fun and laughter.
- Trapeze school. When you were a kid, did you ever imagine flying through the air like a circus acrobat? Now is your chance to do it for real, with a beginner’s lesson at a trapeze school. How cool is that? If you can find a school in your area, this is a unique date idea for fearless, adventurous types.
- Run for the border. For another adventurous date, cross the border into Mexico or Canada, or into another state. You can find many cool things to see and do if you are a tourist from another country or state. Have fun together experiencing a change of scenery and a different culture.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Lando’s Penalty Kick Ritual: A Tribute
He plays his last match for the USA tonight. This video is a testament to his impact.