10 Cool Kobe Bryant Quotes
As one of the most important basketball players in NBA history, these 10 cool Kobe Bryant quotes are among the many great Kobe comments captured by the media throughout the years. Love him or hate him, when Kobe Bryant has something to say, there will surely be someone listening.
- "These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess." What better way to sum up Kobe Bryant's attitude--a strategic, thinking man's player.
- "I'm not changing my game whatsoever." Kobe Bryant's confidence is clearly expressed almost as a challenge to anyone that questions his ability.
- "Basketball is my refuge, my sanctuary. I go back to being a kid on the playground. When I get here, it's all good." The love of the game often seems lost in the NBA these days with money and endorsements becoming a huge distraction. Kobe Bryant sounds totally sincere and passionate about basketball.
- "The guy said NBA players are one in a million, ... I said, 'Man, look. I'm going to be that one in a million.'" This quote could be used to motivate anyone who has ever been doubted, no matter what their dream may be.
- "I have my own identity ... The whole Michael thing does drive me nuts sometimes because people won't leave it alone. He's bald; I have hair. He's almost 40; I'm 22. Seriously though, I wish people would let it be and let me just be Kobe." The Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant debate about who is the greatest NBA player of all time has apparently worn out its welcome with Kobe Bryant. You can't blame the guy for wanting to be his own man and not just a point of comparison.
- "What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." If you are going to dream, you might as well dream big.
- "I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." Kobe Bryant's lethal marksmanship with a basketball is hard to dispute.
- "You always have to be on edge. You always have to take every practice, every game like it is your last." Once again, Kobe Bryant takes his basketball blessings seriously, showing his commitment to being the best he can be on the court.
- "When you dunk all the time it isn't as demoralizing to the opponent, but when you dunk at a key moment in the game you can use it to change the momentum." This is a great analysis of how to strategically utilize a slam dunk to get the fans involved and rev your team's engines back up.
- "I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate or hitting the game-winning shot." Kobe Bryant clearly understands the key to winning is doing what is best for the team. His countless NBA championship rings are proof of this theory.