It doesn't matter if your clothes from 8th grade still fit, you need to learn about these 10 cool men's brands. Maybe you hate shopping or maybe you just don't know where to start. In either case, the following cool men's brands will help you adopt a more manly and modern style.
- American Apparel. Don't let the mannequins in fishnets scare you. Peruse the aisles for a basic fitted T-shirt or fleece sweatshirt. Steer clear of any "skinny jeans" or neon shirts, unless you are going for that ironic hipster look. If you are a bigger guy, American Apparel might not be the cool men's brand for you; it might look like you stole your girlfriend's shirt. American Apparel is only available at American Apparel stores.
- Tom's. Get some Tom's shoes. These canvas slip-ons look cool and come in a variety of styles and colors. As a bonus, Tom's will donate a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair that you buy.
- Banana Republic. Banana Republic provides more of a classy, preppy look. Banana Republic is timeless, so you won't have to go shopping again for a long time. Their sizes tend to run bigger, so try going a size down if you are trying on pants. Note: all of their sale items are towards the back of the store.
- Lacoste. Girls will be totally impressed if they see you rockin' a Lacoste polo or V-neck sweater. Again, if you are a larger guy, this might not be the manliest look for you. Also, do not choose any orange, pink or rainbow-striped items.
- Armani Collezioni. Only buy Armani if you plan to go all out for an important job interview or another special occasion. Armani is definitely not everyday lounge wear; be prepared to spend a sizeable amount of cash. Armani is available at Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom's or at Armani outlets.
- Joe's. Joe's is a cool men's brand best known for their jeans. You can find Joe's at department stores like Nordstrom's or at a Joe's store. Again, stay away from "skinny jeans"; they are not a good look for any guy. Bootcut are ideal.
- Volcom. Volcom is a cool men's brand for almost everyone. If you are over 35, it might look less cool. Check out their "frickin" chino shorts. Volcom also donates a portion of its profits to charitable causes. Find Volcom at any major department store.
Northface. If you live in the Northwest, you should definitely have a Northface. Get a fleece or a jacket. Northface products are great for doing outdoorsy things or for just hanging out. This is a cool men's brand because it doesn't go out of style and it looks great with almost everything.
- Abercrombie & Fitch. If you are under 30, Abercrombie is a cool men's brand for basics like jeans and T-shirts. Don't buy anything with a big ostentatious moose on it or anything else that makes you look like an advertisement.
- Alternative Apparel. This is a cool, reasonably priced men's brand that also uses sustainable materials in their products. Check out the "Cadet-fleece" button up jacket. Alternative Apparel can be found at any major department store, Urban Outfitters or online.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …