10 Country Songs About Distance
Here are 10 country songs about distance. There are many sad country songs, but for now, you get to keep your spouse, your best friend, your job, and your dog. These ten country songs about distance will make you want to grab the tissues and the phone (unless that restraining order is still in effect). If you are in a distance relationship, these songs will hit home.
- “Home” from Blake Shelton’s “Collector’s Edition” album is a cover of Michael Buble’s hit. The lyrics “surrounded by a million people I still feel all alone, I wanna go home, I miss you, you know” make this track a must for this list.
- “Help Me Make It Through The Night” by Sammi Smith is a great country song about distance and missing someone. The lyrics “yesterday is dead and gone, and tomorrow’s out of sight, and it’s sad to be alone, help me make it through the night” make this a timeless country love song about distance.
- “No Place That Far” by Sara Evans has lyrics that make you want to grab the car keys (or the swimming gear) to get to the person you miss, no matter the distance. Her lyrics “If I had to run, if I had to crawl, if I had to swim a hundred rivers, just to climb a thousand walls, always know that I would find a way, to get to where you are, there's no place that far" get this song in the ten country songs about distance.
- “You’re Still The One” off of Shania Twain’s album “Come On Over” makes it to this list of ten country songs about distance because she lets us know that relationships can work. The lyrics “They said, "I bet they'll never make it" but just look at us holding on, we’re still together still going strong” give us something to believe in. Too bad things didn’t work out in her relationship.
- "I'm Already There" by Lonestar makes it to the list of ten country songs about distance because it appeals to a large audience. The lyrics "Take a look around. I'm the sunshine in your hair. I'm the shadow on the ground. I'm the whisper in the wind. I'm your imaginary friend" make this a distance country song that even children can relate to if they have a parent who lives far away.
- "Love, Me" from Collin Raye’s album “Love Songs” is a beautifully written country song about long distance relationships. Collin gives us faith in distance relationships with the verse “But I'm not gonna let you down, darling wait and see. And between now and then, till I see you again, I'll be loving you. Love, me."
- “When I Said I Do” by Clint Black, with vocals from his wife Lisa Hartman Black, still remains a popular wedding song. “And here by your side or a million miles away, nothin's ever gonna change the way that I feel, the way it is, is the way that it was." We know you’re getting all mushy inside.
- “Strawberry Wine” by Deana Carter lets us know that even though not all long distance relationships last, memories do. This song still makes the list of ten country distance songs because of the lyrics “A few cards and letters and one long distance call. We drifted away like the leaves in the fall. But year after year I come back to this place, just to remember the taste." This song is off her album “Did I Shave My Legs For This?”, and I hope she did.
- “Carrying Your Love With Me” by George Strait. No country list or countdown would be complete without a little George. He made it to the list of ten country distance songs with the verse “All I care about is gettin back real soon, a goodbye kiss is all I need from you.”
- “I Fall To Pieces” by Patsy Cline can’t be left out of the ten country distance songs. Patsy makes everyone feel her pain with this timeless classic and the lyrics "I fall to pieces each time someone speaks your name."