If you are looking for 10 country songs about growing up, you found it. These songs all tell the story of finding our way through life. Sad or happy, songs about growing up is part of the country music genre.
- "19-Something" – Mark Willis. This song makes the list of country songs about growing up for it's journey though the decades. The song recalls most of the major events of the 1970s and 80's through the eyes of a young boy.
- "High Cotton" – Alabama. The sweet song makes the list of country songs about growing up for it's account of growing up in the deep south. The lyrics recall growing up poor, but not wanting to ever leave home.
- "Where Corn Don't Grow" – Travis Tritt. This entry on the list of country songs about growing up tells the story of a boy who thinks he wants to be anywhere but where he is. As the song progresses, and he grows up, he changes his mind about his small hometown.
- "The Walk" – Sawyer Brown. Number 4 on the list of country songs about growing up is Sawyer Brown's recount of the stages in life where one father helps his son. The story is told by recounting conversations at the end of a dusty drive-way.
- "Don't Take the Girl" – Tim McGraw. This tune makes the list of country songs about growing up for the progression in life of a little boy who meets a girl. The song recounts the change from not wanting the girl around to not wanting her to go.
- "I Hope You Dance" – Leann Womack. This entry on the list of country songs about growing up is the view a mother has of her child growing up. The mother wishes only the best for her child as she reaches milestones in her life.
- "There Goes My Life" – Kenny Chesney. This touching song of a man who becomes a father too young makes the list of country songs about growing up. The lyrics tell of maturing into a man from a boy for the love of a daughter.
- "The Best Day" – George Strait. This entry on the list of country songs about growing up recounts a story of raising a son. As the son grows up, he recounts the best days he has spent in his life.
- "Half the Man" – Brad Paisley. This tender encounter makes the list of country songs about growing up. The song tells the story of a little boy who's stepfather becomes the man he needs in his life.
- "I Loved Her First" – Heartland. This sweet song of watching your daughter grow up and marry makes the list of country songs about growing up. The progression from daddy's girl to bride is touching.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.