10 Creative Romantic Gift Ideas
These 10 creative romantic gift ideas are certain to melt anyone’s heart. Chocolates, flowers and roses are so overdone. If you really want to be romantic, you need to think outside the box of romantic gift staples. Below are 10 creative romantic gift ideas that will induce a smile and have you being praised.
- Make a scrapbook. It doesn’t have to be fancy or intricate. Instead, collect photos of you and your partner and memorabilia from things you have done together and put them neatly together all in one place. You don’t even need to make this romantic gift yourself, jump online and create a photo album. All you have to do with this great gift, then, is deliver it. If you're not so crafty, find a pretty box and fill it with meaningful items.
- Design a treasure hunt. You don’t need to go all over town to have a treasure hunt be fun. Pick one area that has stores, monuments or other things important to the both of you. Little notes can lead your partner from one destination to the next, at each of which you can spend a few minutes reminiscing.
- Head back to school. Local grocery stores specialty kitchen shops regularly host cooking classes. Check their schedule to see if one interests you and surprise your partner with an evening of making, and tasting, something new.
- Their favorite store. The entire thing, all of it, yeah right. If your partner has a favorite store, one of the best gifts you can give is a shopping spree, no matter how tiny. Keep it a secret where you’re headed and after walking through the door hand over the spending cash.
- An afternoon. Literally. Pick a day and tell your partner that it’s their day. You’ll do whatever they want, take her anywhere, do chores or other odd jobs around the house. That day is entirely hers to decide. This romantic gift can take pressure off your girl's shoulders.
- Hot air balloon ride. Despite needing to get up at the crack of dawn, this amazing gift is worth the lack of sleep. For a few hours you and your partner can fly high above the town and see what it really looks like to a bird’s eye view.
- Boat ride. Small or large, many boats are available for hourly rentals. Most provide you a captain too. If your partner is a speed-demon, check into whether any cigarette boats can be rented in your area. The romance in this gift is the experience of having tried something unusual.
- A professional cleaning service. You don’t need to get your partner a whole year of a cleaning service, a one-time treat will do. With your partner busy around the holidays, having a clean home can be a great gift. The romance aspect of this gift enters when neither of you need to scrub a toilet.
- Wine tour. Research local wineries and plan a visit to one or two. Make your destination a surprise, and don’t forget to pack a lunch if you think you’ll need one. The trip can also be made to local breweries for beer-lovers.
- A night in. This doesn’t mean a quiet night at home, but rather a night with friends. Make a reservation, hand over some cash and arrange for a driver to take your partner and two or three of their friends out for dinner. You’ll get extra brownie points for letting your romantic side be seen by her friends.