10 Cute Couple Songs
Put on a few of these 10 cute couple songs and show you have a sensitive side behind that bad boy exterior. These overly adorable songs will score you sweetheart points and make her forget how much of a jerk you actually are.
- "Waiting For a Star to Fall" When George Merrill and Shannon Rubicam weren’t writing number one hits for Whitney Houston (“How Will I Know,” “I Wanna Dance With Somebody [Who Loves Me]”) they were writing cute couple songs like “Waiting For a Star to Fall” as the pop group Boy Meets Girl. This song compares a lover's heart to a star. Aww.
- “I Got You Babe” Before Cher sang in auto-tune and Sonny Bono was a politician, the pair were writing cute love songs like “I Got You Babe.” Listen for it numerous times in the Bill Murray comedy “Groundhog Day.” It never stops being cute.
- “Your Love is My Drug” Kesha compares love to being addicted to drugs in this electro-pop song. With references to crackheads and alleyways, it's one of the most un-PC cute couple songs.
- “Love Story” Country-pop sensation Taylor Swift alludes to the tragic couple of “Romeo and Juliet” in this cute couple song. Her dad isn't too fond of her boyfriend, a story that many of her devoted teen fans can probably relate to.
- “Lovefool” Nina Persson begs her lover to stay in The Cardigan’s “Lovefool.” The lyrics might sound desperate, but Persson’s pleading to her lover to love her is sweet, making it one of the best cute songs for couples in jeopardy.
- “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da” Paul McCartney was known the "Cute Beatle” and this image carried through to his songwriting. “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da” finds McCartney and company singing about Desmond, Molly and their kids.
- “You Make My Dreams” Hall and Oates took a break from sad (“Everytime You Go Away”) and sadder (“She’s Gone”) songs to write a cute couple song with “You Make My Dreams.” Complete with falsetto and a bouncy beat, “You Make My Dreams” is one of the 1980s more bubbly songs.
- “I Get Weak” Diane Warren, one of the most prolific pop songwriters ever, wrote this song for Go-Go frontwoman Belinda Carlisle. It's a cute sentiment for a girl who came from the L.A. punk scene.
- “I’m Yours” Girls love Jason Mraz and he knows it. He delivered a song tailor-made for couples with “I’m Yours.” It’s nursery rhyme melody and playful lyrics make this hit single a cute couple standard.
- “1,2,3,4” The Plain White T’s scored big with their song “Hey There, Delilah,” but delivered a straight-up cute couple song with the Beatle-esque “1,2,3,4.” Tom Higgenson follows in the tradition of songs like the Jackson Five's "ABC," making love as easy as counting from one to four this time.
Posted on: Oct. 13, 2010