So you like indie music and you're looking for 10 cute indie songs? Indie is a genre that is becoming increasingly popular in the last few years and there are currently hundreds and thousands of great indie songs out there. Some indie bands are quite well-known and famous, while others don’t exactly get the amount of attention they deserve. If you are trying to find some cute indie songs, you’ve come to the right place.
- “Float On” Modest Mouse This cute song was released in early 2004 and it quickly gained mainstream popularity. "Float On" has a catchy, upbeat tone and has been featured in a couple of video games.
- “Lake Michigan” Rogue Wave This instrumental song was released on Rogue Wave’s third album and was also featured in a 2007 Zune music player commercial. The singing and the overall beat is very quick in the song and it can be difficult to catch the lyrics at first.
- “Take Me Out” Franz Ferdinand This band gained much success with the release of “Take Me Out” in 2004. This song can still be heard on the radio from time to time, forcing you to hum along to its catchy tune. The most notable instrument in the song is the guitar, which can be heard quite heavily.
- “Anyone Else But You” The Moldy Peaches Featured in the popular movie “Juno,” this tune is a cute indie love song about finding the perfect match. The style and tone of the song is a bit unusual, but enjoyable once you start listening.
- “Buildings and Mountains” The Republic Tigers This band from Kansas City released "Buildings and Mountains" in 2008, which was featured as a free download on iTunes for one week. A bit of a slower than other indie songs on this list, this tune is great for a relaxing evening.
- “Crooked Teeth” Death Cab for Cutie This fun indie song was released on Death Cab’s fifth studio album and is a favorite on our list of cute indie tunes. It's one of Death Cab's more upbeat songs and will have you humming along in no time.
- “Hey There Delilah” Plain White T’s “Hey There Delilah” gained phenomenal success in 2006 and is said to be written about a real girl named Delilah. The song features sweet, heartfelt lyrics about finding happiness with a girl names Delilah and features a lot of acoustic guitar.
- “Middle of Nowhere” Hot Hot Heat This catchy and super cute indie song is impossible not to dance to. The tone is very cheerful and upbeat, and is great for parties and other fun social events.
- “I Bet That You Look Good on the Dance Floor” Arctic Monkeys This is another catchy indie tune that is great to dance to. If you are looking for a funky, optimistic song, this one will do the trick.
- “Lazy Eye” Silversun Pickups Released in 2007, “Lazy Eye” is a cute song referring to the main singer's (Brian Aubert) lazy eye. The song is a bit slower than other songs on this list, but very melodious and tuneful.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.