If you’re stumped about how to let that special someone know you care, why not try expressing yourself with one or more of these cute love song lyrics? Sometimes, nothing says it better than music.
- “Love Story” by Taylor Swift. One of the best lyrics from “Love Story” would have to be, “Marry me, Juliet. You’ll never have to be alone. I love you, and that’s all I really know.” “Love Story” is a pretty girly song, but it’s still really cute – and girls like it.
- “You’re Still the One” by Shania Twain. Shania Twain’s first top-10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 contained these sugary-sweet lyrics: “You’re still the one that I run to, the one that I belong to. You’re still the one I want for life.”
- “So I Need You” by 3 Doors Down. The cutest lyric from “So I Need You” would have to be, “Whoa, I can’t let you go, my little girl. Because you’re holding up my world, so I need you.” “So I Need You” is a little harder sounding of a love song, but it’s still a cute love song.
- “In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel. This mid-‘80s love song first gained popularity after being featured in 1989’s teen drama Say Anything… Nothing will melt your love’s heart than the lyrics, “I see the doorway to a thousand churches in your eyes, the resolution of all the fruitless searches in your eyes, I see the light and the heat in your eyes. Oh, I want to be that complete. I want to touch the light, the heat, I see in your eyes.”
- “Iris” by Goo Goo Dolls. After being written for the soundtrack to 1998’s City of Angels, this love song took the alternative rock world by storm, earning countless accolades and giving romantics some grade-A lyrics to share with their sweethearts: “I’d give up forever to touch you, ‘cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”
- “Paperweight” by Schuyler Fisk Feat. Joshua Radin. This song gained exposure in the popular romantic movie Dear John. The beginning part of the song is probably the cutest. “Paperweight” starts off with, “Been up all night, staring at you. Wondering what’s on your mind. I’ve been his way with so many before, but this feels like the first time.”
- “Truly Madly Deeply” by Savage Garden. If you’re looking for something truly romantic to say (or sing) to your significant other, try these Savage Garden lyrics on for size: “I want to stand with you on a mountain, I want to bathe with you in the sea, I want to lay like this forever, until the sky falls down on me.”
- “Thank You” by Led Zeppelin. “If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me.” If you’re ever at a loss for things to tell your loved one, consider these Led Zeppelin lyrics.
- “Perfect Company” by Cursive Memory. “Perfect Company” is a song that isn’t incredibly well-known, but it’s still an excellent choice when looking for cute love song lyrics. The part of the song that would probably work best when looking for cute lyrics would be, “I just want to tell you I love you, I love you. Everything is going to be okay someday soon.”
- “All I Want Is You” by Barry Louis Polisar. “All I Want Is You” was featured in the popular movie Juno. Any part of the song would serve the purpose of finding a cute love song lyric. One of the best lyrics from this song is, “All I want is you, will you stay with me? Hold me in your arms and sway me like the sea.”
- “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran. 2017’s dancehall-infused pop hit “Shape of You” topped numerous charts worldwide and contains some more-than-perfect lines to sing to your special someone, including, “Girl, you know I want your love. Your love was handmade for somebody like me.”
- “Make You Feel My Love” by Bob Dylan. Audiences today may recognize pop singer Adele’s version of this song more than Bob Dylan’s 1997 original, but the lyrics aren’t any less romantic. “I could make you happy, make your dreams come true. Nothing that I wouldn’t do. Go to the ends of the earth for you to make you feel my love.”
- “Let’s Get Married” by Archie Star. “Let’s Get Married” is another very good song that isn’t well-known. It’s absence from the Top 40 charts doesn’t undermine its standing as a good love song, however. “Because this don’t mean a thing if you’re not next to me. You’re who I want to wake up to every morning.”
- “Before Your Love” by Kelly Clarkson. This love song was written specifically for the winner of the first season of American Idol, whom ended up being now-pop-superstar Kelly Clarkson. “I’d never lived before your love,” the lyrics go. “I’d never felt before your touch, and I never needed anyone to make me feel alive, but then again, I wasn’t really living.”
- “Together Forever In Love” by Go Sailor. The best part of this song to use for a cute love song lyric is, “I’ll be your reason for starting your day. You’ll be my true love in every way. I’ll always need you, I promise you now. Through good and bad, as long as this life will allow.” “Together Forever In Love” is a more upbeat song. After all, there’s no hard and fast rule that says that love songs all need to be slow and sappy.
- “Parentheses” by The Blow. Another upbeat love song, the best part of “Parentheses” to use for a cute love song lyric is, “And when you’re holding me, we make a pair of parentheses. There’s plenty of space to encase whatever weird way my mind goes. I know I’ll be safe in these arms.”
- “Before You” by Chantal Kreviazuk. “Before You” is chock full of cute love song lyrics. One of the best ones, however, is, “Oh baby, before you, well I was so scared. I was a train wreck waiting to happen on the way to nowhere.”
- “All of Me” by John Legend. This 2013 R&B hit was 2014’s best-selling song of 2014 in the U.S. and includes the lines, “All of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.”
- “Mine” by Taylor Swift. “Mine” is another adorable love song that’s packed with cute love song lyrics. Any part of the song could be used, but the cutest part has got to be, “And every time I look at you, it’s like the first time. I fell in love with a careless man’s careful daughter. She is the best thing that’s ever been mine.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.