If you want to make a "mixtape" for your girlfriend, here are ten cute love songs for couples to consider. Sweet, romantic songs are especially great for a budding romance, when love is in the air and everything seems new. But there are so many love songs out there, you might have trouble finding just the right one. This list offers a few options.
- “A Groovy Kind Of Love.” Phil Collins recorded one of the more popular versions of “A Groovy Kind Of Love.” With a far-out description like groovy, what’s not to like about this cute love song? “Wouldn’t you agree, baby you and me got a groovy kind of love.”
- “Crazy For You.” “Crazy For You” is a 1980s song by Madonna. She recorded the ballad for a coming-of-age movie, “Vision Quest.” The central message is: “I’m crazy for you / Touch me once and you’ll know it’s true / …it’s all brand new / You’ll feel it in my kiss / …I’m crazy for you.”
- “My Girl.” One of the cutest love songs around is “My Girl” by The Temptations. The early 1960s song oozes love as sweet as honey: “I’ve got so much honey, the bees envy me / I’ve got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees / I guess you’d say, what can make me feel this way? / My girl, talkin’ ’bout my girl.”
- “Truly Madly Deeply.” “Truly Madly Deeply” is a sappy song by Savage Garden. A 1990s hit by an Australian band, the lyrics itemize everything you can be for your lover: “I’ll be your dream, I’ll be your wish / I’ll be your fantasy / I’ll be your hope, I’ll be your love / Be everything that you need.”
- “I’ll Never Break Your Heart.” “I’ll Never Break Your Heart” is a popular 1990s love song from the Backstreet Boys. Want to send a promise filled with vocal harmonies? Try: “I’ll never break your heart / I’ll never make you cry / I’d rather die than live without you.”
- “Love Is All Around.” “Love Is All Around” is Wet Wet Wet’s cover of a 1960s love song by The Troggs. The gooey lyrics epitomize the cute couples love song: “I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes / Love is all around me, and so the feeling grows.”
- “Just The Way You Are.” Billy Joel released “Just The Way You Are” in the late 1970s, and it became a hit on the easy listening charts. Tell her she’s perfect just the way she is with the declaration: “I said I love you and that's forever / And this I promise from the heart / I could not love you any better / I love you just the way you are.”
- “You Light Up My Life.” A sweet, romantic love song is the best way to describe “You Light Up My Life,” by Debbie Boone. The award-winning 1970s song says it all: “You light up my life / You give me hope / To carry on / You light up my days / And fill my nights with song.”
- “Two Less Lonely People In The World.” “Two Less Lonely People In The World,” like nearly everything else by Air Supply, is a mushy love song. The Australian soft rock hit from the early 1980s encourages new love. “Two less lonely people in the world / And it’s gonna be fine / Out of all the people in the world / I just can’t believe you’re mine.”
- “I Want To Hold Your Hand.” No list of cute love songs for couples would be complete without “I Want To Hold Your Hand,” by the Beatles. It was their first number one hit in America, starting the British invasion. “Oh please say to me / You’ll let me be your man / And please say to me / You’ll let me hold your hand.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.