Whether you want to serenade your girlfriend with a silly love song or you’re in need of a pop pick-me-up, listen to these ten cute quotes from songs. These lyrics are so sweet your teeth will fall out singing them.
- “You are my candy girl and you got me wanting you.” Leave it up to a cartoon pop band to sing one of the best cute song quotes. The Archies were a fake band made up of the classic comic book characters. “Sugar Sugar,” a simplistic comparison of love and candy set to a catchy melody, is still played on oldies stations constantly. You don't hear Gem and the Holograms on the radio, now do you?
- “It's a big enough umbrella, but it's always me that ends up getting wet.” Sting might have come across as overly serious in songs like “Invisible Sun” (and most of his solo stuff), but this line from “Every Little Thing She Does is Magic” is one of the best cute quotes from songs, a clever and cute metaphor.
- “I’m a Barbie girl in a Barbie world.” Whether or not "Barbie Girl" is a thinly-veiled sex song, this straight-to-the-point lyric by Aqua is one of the best cute song quotes. The guy who says “Come on Barbie, let’s go party,” isn't cute though.
- “Pink elephants and lemonade, dear Jessie hear the laughter running through the love parade.” This comes from the same woman who had burning crosses in her videos, strutted around in lingerie and released a sex book. This lyric of childlike innocence from Madonna's "Dear Jessi" is one of the best cute quotes from songs.
- “Baby you're so sweet, You know you should have been some honey.” Most Motown songs were simple odes to love and The Temptations’ “The Way You Do The Things You Do,” is no different. This cute song quote is just one in a long line of loving comparisons made in the song. True love should be that easy to explain.
- “You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day.” Wham’s “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” is one of the most over-the-top cutesy fun songs ever and this lyric stands out as its most cornball, yet cute quote. The "jitterbug" part in the intro, however, is unexplainable.
- “Blue-eyed boy meets a brown-eyed girl.” Bono gets a lesson in humility (for once) in U2’s “The Sweetest Thing,” an apology-via-song to his wife. In this cute quote from the song, Bono recalls the couple's first meeting, trying to tug at the heartstring. It worked: the couple is still married.
- “I'm cravin' for you / I'm missin' you like candy.” So long as tweens keep buying records, teen pop sensations will always sing cute quotes in their songs, and Mandy Moore’s lyric in “Candy” is yet another in a line line of candy/love comparisons.
- “You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed / Sing like bird, dizzy in my head.” Kid Rock’s protégé, Uncle Kracker, delivered one of the best cute quotes from a song in “Smile,” stating how his love affects his life in a barrage of cliches so silly you can't help but smile.
- “When I start to sing the blues you pull out my dancing shoes / I think you could be so good for me.” Christian girls can be cute too and Amy Grant proves it with this line from her single “Good To Me.” The question is: Is she talking about God or a man?
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …