10 Cute Songs 2008
These 10 cute songs of 2008 all found their way onto the Billboard chart and stayed because of their catchy tunes. The topic of each song may differ, but the beats are all catchy and the lyrics have hooks that can get stuck in your head. The songs range from pop, R&B, and rock genres, but they still have one thing in common: they are cute and fun to listen too.
- "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga's first single is the cute pop song "Just Dance." The song meaning may not be that cute, but the dance tempo and popularity makes it a sensational song.
- "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings. Re-released in 2008, "That's Not My Name" is an upbeat fun song about the way the singer felt she was treated in the music industry early on. The song calls out a bunch of girls names before she screams out, "That's not my name, that's not my name!" In 2008, the song reached #1 in the UK.
- "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry. On June 26, 2008, Billboard announced that this song had officially become the 1,000th #1 US single of the Rock era. The cute girly melody is paired with lyrics about Perry kissing a girl, and liking it even though she has a boyfriend. Perry says it is about the way girls are really touchy-feely and sisterly.
- "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)" by Beyonce. Released as a single on the 2008 album "I Am… Sasha Fierce," this song went to #1 on the Billboard charts. This cute upbeat dance track has the beats provided by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart, the duo behind Rihanna's "Umbrella." The song even has its own dance to go along with the lyrics.
- "Gives You Hell" by All-American Rejects. This song has an upbeat cute musical backing, but the lyrics depict a tongue-in-cheek way of looking at someone you hate, and giving them hell. The song was so popular for the band in 2008 that it stayed on the Billboard Top Ten for over thirteen weeks.
- "Womanizer" by Britney Spears. A #1 US Billboard cute song that was released in 2008, is "Womanizer". The song may have a bitter tone being about guys that cheats on girls, but the background music has dance party written all over it. It was the most streamed music video in 2008 on MTV.com.
- "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga's 2008 cute pop song "Poker Face" became number one in over eight countries. She wrote the song about playing with guys as if she was a poker player. It became an empowering song that claims that woman can call the shots.
- "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield. Released in 2008, this cute song reached #5 on US Billboard chart. The light and airy melody to the song is partnered with empowering lyrics. This cute song was featured during the third season's finale of MTV's "The Hills".
- "Disturbia" by Rihanna. This 2008 cute dance/pop track was co-written by Rihanna's then boyfriend Chris Brown, who also contributed backing vocals. The song has an R&B and dance/pop feel to it, which is a crossover that singer Rihanna has mastered. The song is fun to dance sing along too in a car.
- "7 Things" by Miley Cyrus. The princess of cute, Miley Cyrus released "7 Things" in 2008 on her album "Breakout." The hit pop song was written about an ex that hurt her, and she lists 7 things she dislikes about her ex. The song takes a cute twist when at the end of the list she sings about what she likes about him.