Whether you're getting hitched or have enjoyed decades of togetherness, you can make 10 cute songs about growing old together part of your day. Maybe you're arranging an anniversary celebration for yourself or a loved one. Or maybe you are just in a wistful and romantic mood. Either way, these songs are sure to brighten your day.
- "Without Us" by Jeff Barry and Tom Scott ("Family Ties" theme). This short-but-sweet little theme song reminds us that "there ain't no nothing we can't love each other through". A nice reminder that as a loving couple lives through their "million years" together, they can weather any storm.
- "Growing Old Together" by Richie McDonald (of Lonestar). This dedication to McDonald's wife on her fortieth birthday captures the power of everlasting love. It's sweetness lies in its ability to capture intimate daily moments.
- "When I'm 64" by the Beatles. "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?" The bouncy music and fun lyrics make this a classic. The quintessential cute song about growing old together.
- "Would You Go With Me" by Josh Turner. Though growing old together is never specifically mentioned, there are definitely long term questions posed in this song. The narrator asks his love to help him "tie up the ends of a dream." Lovely imagery abounds. The video cements the sense of timeless love.
- "Touch of Grey" by Grateful Dead. A laundry list of troubles, this song is about making it through the tough times as couples grow older together. Though less romantic than some, it is sweet in the line "a touch of grey, kinda suits you anyway." Proof that love doesn't always have to be mushy.
- "Rockin' Years" by Dolly Parton and Ricky Van Shelton. A cute little duet that sums up all the "rockin' years" a couple travels through. "Rockin' chairs, rockin' babies, rock-a-bye, rock of ages." Few songs do a better job of summing up the art of growing old together.
- "Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler (from "The Wedding Singer"). This ballad may lack grace, but is all the more charming for it's awkward honesty. The singer's promise to "even let ya hold the remote control", reminds us that the secret to growing old together happily is often in the little details.
- "As Days Go By" by Jesse Frederick, Bennet Salvay and Scott Roeme ("Family Matters" theme) Surprisingly poetic for a peppy little sitcom theme, the narrator claims that "we're gonna smother the blues with tenderness." This song is a reminder that love and family are what make growing old together worthwhile.
- "Growing Old" by B. B. King. A couple that happily grows old together will find that their "minds are really in tune" and that they are able to overlook little arguments and irritations. This song is all about looking back at younger days while loving the later ones.
- "When You are Old and Grey" by Tom Lehrer. Something completely different in the "cute songs about growing old together" department. The crooning Lehrer tells his love, "say you love me here and now, I'll make the most of that. Say you love and trust me. For I know you'll disgust me. When you're old and getting fat." A wonderful romp for those who don't take themselves too seriously.
Whether you are just getting started or are in it for the long haul, these 10 cute songs about growing old together can show you where you're going or where you've already been. The songs here are all very different. Some may bring a tear, others a smile or a laugh. But in the end, that rich variety is what growing old together is all about.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.