10 Cute Songs About Love
If you’re looking to put together a mix CD for your lady friend, we highly suggest these 10 cute songs about love. She will think you’re sweet, sensitive, and have good taste in music. This is especially handy if those are not qualities you actually possess.
- “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes. If you don’t think this is the cutest song about love ever, then you probably haven’t seen the adorable video for it. Featuring a series of couples listening to the song on headphones, giggling, and making eyes at each other, it’s just about the cutest thing you could possibly see without your head exploding into a fine mist of blood and brain tissue.
- “I Will Follow You into the Dark” by Death Cab for Cutie. Death Cab for Cutie have written quite a few songs about love by now and most of them are a bit on the pessimistic side. This cute song about love is an exception, though. It is a beautiful song about following a loved one to the afterlife, no matter what that afterlife may or may not bring.
- “Home” by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. “Home is wherever I’m with you,” goes the chorus to this syrupy sweet song about love from Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes. It’s a back-and-forth, him-and-her dialogue between two characters who love each other so much that it would make Cupid step back and go, “Whoa, tone it down a little.”
- “Playground Love” by Air. “The Virgin Suicides” was not the most upbeat movie of all time, but the soundtrack from Air was fantastic. This track featuring Thomas Mars, lead singer of French pop group Phoenix, is a dreamy and beautiful ode to young love.
- “I Love You” by Cat Power & Karen Elson. Both cute and sexy, this breathy cover of a Serge Gainsbourg classic stands a pretty good chance of getting you laid. We’re getting all worked up just thinking about it.
- “I’m in Love with a Girl” by Big Star. If you’re looking for a cute song about love that you can teach yourself on guitar and then use to win over the ladies in your dorm room or apartment, look no further than this one. It’s cute, it’s simple, and it’s really, really good.
- “Fell in Love with a Girl” by The White Stripes. This is the song that caused many rock fans to fall in love with The White Stripes. It is a terrific love song that still manages to rock hard, and that’s a rare thing.
- “Lovesong” by The Cure. Legend has it that Robert Smith wrote this song as a wedding gift to his wife. That alone puts it high on the cuteness scale. It’s also one of the best love songs all time and has been covered by so many bands that it should probably just be retired as a cover song.
- “Give a Little Love” by Rilo Kiley. It’s hard to listen to Rilo Kiley and not fall a little in love with lead singer Jenny Lewis. This song about giving and getting love is one of the cuter Rilo Kiley songs and makes us hope that their current hiatus is not permanent.
- “Love You Madly” by Cake. Cake is probably not best known for writing cute songs about love, but their quirky and distinctive style actually lends itself well toward a love song that is not overly sentimental. This song fits that bill nicely and would make a fine addition to your lovey-dovey mix CD.