10 Date Ideas For Couples
If you are worried about where to take your girlfriend on your next date, this article provides 10 date ideas for couples. Dating is probably the most fun when you are officially in a relationship with your date. Couples can relax and enjoy each other's company without the pressures that abound during the first several dates. To match the happier and more carefree attitude of the dates, you want to also try adventurous and fun activities.
- Try ice skating. Few things are more romantic to many women than watching a pair of ice dancers skate romantically to a love song. It can be a dream come true to be on the ice as a couple. Try this out, even if you're afraid of falling flat on your behind. It will, at the very least, inspire some laughs and good memories.
- Go to small, locally owned restaurants that feature different types of cuisine. While going to Olive Garden may guarantee a delicious eggplant parmesan and cheesecake, challenge yourself to also try out independently owned places and a larger variety of tastes and foods from different cultures. Not only will you invite yourselves to learn along the way, but you'll have a lot of fun trying something new.
- Bring a board game to the park. This shouldn't be Monopoly or anything with too many pieces. Try something simple. Checkers will do, as the pieces aren't apt to fly away. Set a blanket on the grass, then place the game on the blanket. Relax and enjoy a game together in the sunshine or starlight.
- Go to a retro theater. If you want to dinner and a movie, skip the local cineplex. Opt for a movie at a retro theater. It doesn't have to be a romantic movie to provide a romantic date. Retro theaters show all kinds of flicks. If your date loves Olivia Newton-John, for example, surprise her with tickets to the cult classic "Xanadu."
- Ask your date to come along for a night out with the guys. This can be risky, especially if your friends aren't apt to put on their best behavior around a girlfriend. However, it's a great gesture, and it shows that you are being open and trusting of your date. It also is romantic in that it shows that you enjoy her company, even when you're out with your friends.
Plan an all-day date in which you both take turns picking the next activity. If you pick a museum in the morning, allow your date to pick whatever the two of you do in the afternoon. It's a great way to share and experience what each other enjoys.
- Triple date with both sets of parents. This is a good idea if the relationship is getting on the serious sides. It's an ice breaker when it comes to meeting the parents, and there's going to be plenty to talk about if any awkward situation presents itself. It's easy to change the subject with five other people to address.
- Go to the nearest amusement park. If you live near Orlando or Anaheim, make it a Disney theme park. Otherwise, go with one that fllls you with wonder. You want to have a date full of innocent fun. Eat cotton candy and drink sodas together as you explore the park and go on rides.
- Find out what her favorite romantic comedy is. Replicate the first date or the most romantic date of that movie. Quote the film until she realizes the replication, if what you are doing with the date doesn't hit her right away.
- Volunteer together at her favorite charity. This will be romantic and make your heart feel great in two ways, from the romance and from the great feeling you get when you give back.